2005 Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Good Car provided service is

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Good Car provided service is not needed
By dballeri on

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 18 months and put 17330 miles on it and I like it. It gets 25 mpg in mixed driving and over 30 on hwy! I had a lot of problems with wheel shimmy/vibration from the time I drove it off the lot and let me tell you, I've been to five dealer to get it fixed with most of them acting like I was the problem. I replaced the HORRID continentals with Michelins at 1000 miles. It should be a great car for you as long as you don't need service since it seems a lot of others report the same customer service issues with Nissan dealers. Mine is actually for sale since I'm going back to school full time.

Favorite Features

Look, powerful V6 that doesn't drink gas, gated shifter, XM radio, sunroof deflector so you can ride with the roof open and not have all the wind noise!

Suggested Improvements

Find another tire manufacturer, the continentals are totally worthless. Nissan has a lot of brake rotor problems and this car might just be starting to experience them. Cargo net attachments in trunk squeak when net is connected. Reliability questionable as with all nissans.