2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Unsatisfied after 3 years

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

3.5 SL Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Unsatisfied after 3 years
By Steven on

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my Altima after 3 years and 57,000 miles because of a few fairly large issues in my opinion: 1) Loud Road Noise 2) Rough ride over bumps 3) Replaced front breaks at 35,000 miles 4) Replaced back breaks at 45,000 miles 5) Replaced bent rim at 35,000 miles 6) Replaced battery at 56,000 miles 7) Very wide turning radius If you want a FUN car to drive, this car will do it for you. The 3.5 engine is simply unbelievable. It's also a very attractive car. However, if you're looking for ride quality, steer completely clear of this vehicle because you will be very disappointed.

Favorite Features

By far, my favorite thing about this car is the world class engine. Other things: 1) Folding back seat for hauling things 2) Convenient controls / dashboard 3) Auto one-touch up/down windows 4) Mixed am/fm radio presets

Suggested Improvements

1) Improve durability of the braking system! 2) Improve road noise 3) Improve ride quality / suspension 4) Reduce turning radius (seriously, this is ridiculously large and seems like nitpicking, but it makes u-turns dangerous)