2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Fantastic car

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

3.5 SE-R Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Manual)

Fantastic car
By kchubs on

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car a year and a half ago. It served me well. The only issue was that the clutch would drop a bit once and a while, but never hindered my driving. I added an iPod player to the bose sound system and it worked amazing, never heard anything that sounded so good. And this car loved to be driven hard. 0-100 km/h in just over 6 seconds, and everything was stock. Take turns hard and it would continue to grip. Suspension is harder than a normal 3.5, so ride was a bit rougher with semi-bald tires, but smooth with good tires. The car was also rolled into the ditch off the highway, side airbags went off, not front (which was good). My wife walked out of the car. This was a great car!

Favorite Features

The tires/rims, the awesome headlights, sunroof, leather interior, the speed and power of the engine, manual transmission, 6th gear was great on freeways, at least 800 km per tank using premium fuel, sound system, reliable, A LOT OF ROOM! I'm 6'3" and fit in the back seat with lots of room to spare.

Suggested Improvements

Clutch dropped once and a while, no big deal, just inconvenient at times. Parts of the interior felt like cheap plastic, but nothing broke.