2005 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Not as good as people say
By Buhba on 04/11/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After 4 yrs, 35,000+ miles, very roomy, nice exterior, enough powerful, good MPG. Very noisy, twice changed shock absorbers (on warranty), over 3 yrs something knock in right front area, no one knows what is that, gaps around headlights, askew bracing of trunk hood, bumpers are very easy to markup after that looks cheap.

Reliable car
By Bill on 01/16/08 13:15 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the car used with 13K. It replaced a 97 Maxima that had 165000 miles (still running beautifully until destroyed in accident). Altima now has 45K miles and given no problems. Average 27MPG driving to work and recently 32MPG on trip. Engine is a little noisy but not an issue. Has good pickup. Corners well, has nice tight suspension. Interior nicely styled.

Replaces my SAAB
By Peter on 12/28/07 11:37 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car with 40,000 miles, 3 years old. It is raplacing my 2004 Saab 93. I am pleasantly surprised by this vehicle. The 4 cyl coupled with the 4 speed automatic perform very well with good fuel economy. The brakes are not bad & aren't much worse than Saab which are probable the best of any car produced at any cost! I drove my Altimait 800 miles within 4 days & the front seat comfort is outstanding! This vehicle runs like a new car with very few rattles considering it's age & mileage. Only maintenance has been brakes which is to be expected. For some reason, Japanese brakes wear poorly & this car is no exception however they do perform well. Great car Nissan!

Altima
By neel on 10/05/07 17:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Seats are uncomfortable, lots of road noise. great gas mileage, body style is great, trunk hinges are somewhat intrusive.

2005 Nissan Altima SE-R
By David Davis on 09/21/07 09:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is great! The way it looks and drives makes it the best sporty car I've ever owned.

Great Value
By Guy Emmons on 09/20/07 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My overall experience in owning this Altima was very good. The maintenance was at a minimum; only taking care of the essentials in the usual required schedule. The only thing that was ever an issue was the transmission not downshifting when there was sustained driving; it would hang there in 3rd gear. The dealer was able to get Nissan to install a new transmission and extend the warranty for another 12 months or 100,00 miles. The idea of Nissan making it right goes a long way with me and I have told many people about my experience in owning this Altima.

Good car for the money
By werdboy on 09/05/07 11:52 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

For a reasonably priced Nissan, the Altima gives you great bang for the buck. The 4cyl automatic is really fun to drive. Quick on its feet, good handling and a real sporty feel. Comes with great standard features, but no frills. Fairly dependable, but goes through brakes quickly, and watch the wheel bearings, as they tend to wear out at about 30K.

Happy Customer
By Happy Customer on 07/21/07 16:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It is absolutely a good buy. It has 14k miles as of this writing. There has not been any problem whatsoever. The paint job is very good. It is just as glossy as when it was new. I averaged 25-26 miles in mixed driving. The reasons I chose Altima over Accord or Camry are simple. 1: More power, 2: Styling. Nissan makes relible cars too. I have no complaints at all for a 20K car that meets all my expectations .

Great Car
By Brad on 07/04/07 06:39 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The styling, performance and overall feel of the car is very nice. I've always owned a Honda (Accord and two Civics), but I'm a Nissan fan now after owning the Altima. I bought it new and haven't had any problems with the car. The only issue I had was after a couple weeks the car didn't start one morning. The local dealership was great and towed it in for me even on a Sunday. I contacted them the next day and they said it started right up. We still have no idea what happened but I haven't had the issue again. My biggest complaint with the '05 Altima is the A/C vents on the dash... horrible design. The vents are a narrow vertical shape and has very bad horizontal control.

Love my SE-R!!
By GVUCRDT on 06/02/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a few weeks, put a few thousand miles on it already, and love it! I had a '97 Altima (still have) w/ 173000 miles, I expect the same from this. The only problem is that my old favorite windy roads are now boring in the SE-R, I need to find more challanging roads! Oh wait, guess that's not really a problem is it?