2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
I'm gonna miss my Altima
By bigmommajo on 10/26/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

By far, the most comfortable car I have ever owned, sturdy, large enough for family, yet great fuel economy at the same time. Car totaled this week when dump truck hit me going 60 mph, the car took one heck of a beating but I came out alive. I am so going to miss this car, I will be back in the market for another Altima.

Excellent Used Car Value
By David on 09/28/08 11:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my eye on an '05 or '06 for a while and finally bought one. I owned a '00 before this, was looking for same reliability, quality, and engagement. The '05 doesn't disappoint. Has all that plus more gadgets, more power, more room, and more style. There are a few lower quality bits, such as the storage nook doors on the dashboard, steering wheel and radio switches. The center console levers are flimsy and the upper storage area is really cheap. However, places you touch most are soft and quality-feeling. I'm satisfied with my Altima. I'm averaging 25-30 MPG per tankful (it's a big tank at 20 GALs). It falls short of perfection in the details, but it doesn't keep me from liking it.

Am I the only one with this problem?
By Anthony on 09/11/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The car was great for the first 30,000 miles. Yes the engine is noisy but bearable. Before the 30k I was getting around 410 miles per tank of gas. Then I noticed I was only getting 270 miles to the tank! I have been riding with this terrible fuel economy for 10,000 miles now. I filed a complaint with Nissan Corp. right after I noticed this downfall and they still haven't helped me. Unfortunately the warranty ended when it hit 36,000 miles so they say nothing can be done about it now even though I filed it before the warranty was up. The car has been a nightmare ever since this happened and now recently the gas light stays on even when I fill up the tank.

Not a bad car
By Hai on 08/31/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I'm happy with the performance of this car although it can't accelerate as fast as I wanted it but what you expect out of 4 cyl car? I only had to replace tires and battery so far, I'm hoping this car will last another 3 years without any problems. Would I buy another Altima? YES but it is going to be Coupe model with 6 cyl.

Owned Acura, BMW, and Honda
By carter on 08/24/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Only one complaint about this car. Turn radius of a Mac Truck. That's it! Car for the money was the best decision. A family member has a 2007 and I like my cabin better but they do have a cup holder in the sideskirt pocket.

Smooth
By Domingo on 08/21/08 23:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just drove this car up toward Boise, Id. from Mt. Vernon and wow it's got power when I needed it. Especially when you want to get away from those 18 wheel guys. You know what I mean right. Up the curvy hills know problem, passing up the hills, zoom bye I'm gone. But look out for Mr. ticket man.

Great Car and Fun To Customize
By luweezyana on 07/25/08 13:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Besides a Maxima, I couldn't see myself getting any other Nissan car. A sentra is just too small. People even called my Altima a small car, umm I don't think so. It's more like a mid-sized sedan with a lot of back end. It can be luxurious yet sporty at the same time and of course you can decide which way you wanna go. Rims make this car look great as well.

Awesome Nissan
By denvern on 07/23/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. It looks amazing, has LOTS of power and gets great mileage. I've always been a Nissan fan and imo an excellent alternative to the Camry and Accord.

Great car
By Mike on 07/12/08 07:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Altima two years ago and it has always delivered an excellent driving experience. You wouldn't think that a big four-cylinder car would be fun to drive, but the Altima's peppy performance and good handling make it a good time to drive. Its size and trunk space add versatility. It's also a great looking car, very aggressive and sporty looking with the 16'' alloy wheels. It is also very reliable, I have never had any major problems with the car. The only downside is that the fuel economy leaves a LOT to be desired (see my comments below).

Very good car
By happy owner on 06/27/08 22:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have my Nissan Altima for almost 4 years now. A very good V6 engine that gives you a nice feeling driving it. It stays good on the road and reacts and can be handled well in various weather conditions. Didn't have any problems with it.The only one was changing the battery in the first 8 months. A good and robust car that gives you what you ask for!