Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

I love my nissan!
By navypolice

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love my Nissan. I'll just get that one out of the way. For a 2.5/175 hp it's got some giddy up and go. It handles pretty well. I wish it didn't have as much roll when I'm taking tight turns. I wish it had more hp. And I wish it had a nice system, but I installed that. But I'm used to BMW and Mercedes-Benz.

leg room, electric seat, stylish up to date dash, rides very smooth, gas efficient, quick, smooth transmission, shifts pretty quick, when you down shift or when you are going up in rpm shift it has a purr that sounds like a turbo.

i wish it didn't have as much roll when i'm taking tight turns. i wish it had more hp. and i wish it had a nice system, but i installed that. id like some high performance tires. i wish i had the 3.5l v6. so if you want the sporty version get the 3.5.

Run from it like your head is on fire
By KarenMarie

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the best looking piece of crap on the road. As a highway driver I don't brake much. Curious as to why I had to get new rear brakes at 20k which was just over a year and that was just the start, lost count of my brake jobs. I've had to replace the steering rack, wheel hub, under carriage parts, tie rod, front struts, rear shocks, radiator: within the first 12 months, battery and alternator. And that is just the major repairs. I've lost track of the nuisance repairs. They claim there are no leaks and yet I put oil in it every couple of months. My extended warranty paid for itself many times over. My parting thoughts: Run, run from the Altima like your head is on fire.

Love my heated leather seats. 3.5 L engine has great pick-up. It is a good car for tall people. It was one of the few at the time to have the side crash curtains.

The braking system! Steering, handling, suspension, struts, shocks, under carriage, wheel hubs, front defroster, put a keyhole in the trunk, engine cooling system

Love My Altima
By nikki157

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my altima with 1 mile on it, and that was my test drive. I have not had any problems out of it. In fact cannot ever remember it being in the shop for other than an oil change and new tires. I drive about 75-100 miles per day and get great gas mileage. I have taken this car on numerous road trips without even thinking twice. It has 160K miles on it now and still runs like the day I pulled it off the lot. Car is super cute and makes you feel like a million bucks driving it, love the looks it gets going down the road. And who says family sedans aren't sporty and a blast to drive?

acceleration and sporty look, car is fun to drive and handles very well.

can't really think of anything that could make it better

Very reliable car
By Joe D

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

A spacious, reliable, and economical car. I bought it pre-owned with 25k, it now has 90k and has cost me next to nothing to maintain beside mandatory maintenance (oil changes, tires, etc.).

Legroom, trunk space, speakers, fuel economy, LOW maintenance.

This is a very practical and reliable car but not one for performance. Then again I have the 175 hp 2.5S, Iím sure the 3.5 250 hp is much quicker and due to the v6, makes less noise on the highway. Including tip-tonic would make this a far more fun and easier car to drive especially in the snow

Fun Car
By Dreese

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I owned this car for over 2 years, and can't really complain. For a 4 cyl, this car rips. Passing IS NOT a problem. It gets 26-30 mpg and I romp on the gas frequently. Other than a few stone chips, the ext is in great condition. The wheels, hub caps and steel rims should be outlawed. The brakes are the only thing that has given me problems. I've noticed other owners making the same comment. Nissan needs to improve the breaks. The interior looks a little cheap, but it is comfortable, very roomy, and has held up very good. I prefer my Altima over my Xterra in < 4" of snow. After hearing from friends and family about the problems with their "big 3" car, I know I made a great decision!

Very quick, handles good, comfortable and roomy interior, folding rear seats, low profile.

Needs better brakes! Slight road noise. Ignition acts up from time to time. sometimes it turns over right away, other times it takes 5 to 10 seconds.

• SUV