Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 487 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

For A First Car, This Thing Is A Gem.
By mycarsnameisal

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am sixteen. This is my first car. I LOVE this car.

The only thing I wish was different about it are:

*fog lights should come standard on the 2.5SL model.

*The passenger side should have power seats.

*Should've put more thought into buying a 3.5L V6

*Car jumps a little when first accelerating after the engine being off.

*Storage is beyond enough! *Tilt/Telescopic Wheel *Steering wheel controls *Ease of stereo unit *Roomy backseat *LARGE trunk *Handles well

This car is a great car, not everything is perfect. But for a teenager, GREAT car.

Simply Wicked!
By Fobroader

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand spanking new in 05. Drove the 4 cylinder Then drove the v6. The 4 is pathetic, this car is a rocket. Had to get the 5spd manual because an automatic is just wrong when paired to a vq35de engine. Stock tires were absolute garbage, all seasons on a 250 horse car? The 6 pack changer had to be replaced under warranty. Floor mats wore right through under gas and clutch pedal. Great car, highly recommend the v6 model to everyone. Drive a manual before you buy the automatic to see how amazing this car can be. I've got about 60,000 miles on mine and its been bulletproof.

V6, Bose Stereo, Heated Leather seats, sunroof, comfortable seats, exterior looks, great headlights

Definitely needs a limited slip. Aux and USB plug should have been standard. Stock Bridgstone Turanzas garbage. Floor mats need to be better. Easier to change headlight bulbs. Throatier exhaust and intake. Make brembos optional on non SE-R models.

Some quirks, love this car though
By CRM

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my Altima used 6mths ago. I feel for the price I paid it's well worth it. However, only 6,000 miles after buying it the crank shaft/cam sensors both went out. I'll just say the attitude I got from Nissan was less than caring. I don't want to feel discouraged from my car choice though due to that. My family has owned various Nissans and previously had good experiences. I wish the rear view mirrors bent back on the car. The previous owner had tinted windows and a Sirius radio installed so I enjoy that a lot. :)

I really like the way the car looks. Inside it's very roomy, the trunk can fit a LOT of stuff. I've moved using this car and helped others move with it also. On the highway I have to be careful because this baby likes to speed. Definitely a sporty feel to it. Gas mileage has been great so far.

Nissan could improve by standing behind it's faulty parts they recalled! They get around replacing bad parts by citing it's a VIN specific problem, which we know is BS red tape. Also the problems they will fix due to a recall the Nissan dealers still charge to diagnose! Have some pride in your cars!

Fantastic car
By kchubs

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car a year and a half ago. It served me well. The only issue was that the clutch would drop a bit once and a while, but never hindered my driving. I added an iPod player to the bose sound system and it worked amazing, never heard anything that sounded so good. And this car loved to be driven hard. 0-100 km/h in just over 6 seconds, and everything was stock. Take turns hard and it would continue to grip. Suspension is harder than a normal 3.5, so ride was a bit rougher with semi-bald tires, but smooth with good tires. The car was also rolled into the ditch off the highway, side airbags went off, not front (which was good). My wife walked out of the car. This was a great car!

The tires/rims, the awesome headlights, sunroof, leather interior, the speed and power of the engine, manual transmission, 6th gear was great on freeways, at least 800 km per tank using premium fuel, sound system, reliable, A LOT OF ROOM! I'm 6'3" and fit in the back seat with lots of room to spare.

Clutch dropped once and a while, no big deal, just inconvenient at times. Parts of the interior felt like cheap plastic, but nothing broke.

Good car still going strong
By Phred

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car new; no problems in 60,000 miles. Just had brakes replaced for first time at 60k miles - dealer said he never heard of them lasting that long (I don't race to red lights and stop signs). Speedometer has always read 3 MPH higher than actual. Nice highway cruiser. Drives well with all season tires in Rochester, NY winter snows.

Design is nice - poor man's Infiniti. Steering wheel cruise and radio controls are nice.

Would be nice to have more than 4 spd AT.