2005 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Good and Bad
By loveless on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

A nice car but the brakes on the 3.5L series are lacking.I have constantly had problems with the brakes since I hit 30,000 miles and they are under warranty. They have been fixed twice and a problem still is there. The dealer said they would fix it but they work for @ 2 weeks and the same old sound and feel come back.

I Love This Car!
By papillion on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I went to the dealership looking for a new car. I thought I would get one that was a year or two old, maybe a Sentra. I thought what the heck, lets go ahead the test drive the new Altima, and I really liked it. There is a ton of room, it looks cool, and it is fun to drive. I would recommend the Altima to anyone looking to buy a new car!

2005 Altima SL over Accord EX
By xNewYorka on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan has won me over. Having owned a '95 Acura Legend, a 2001 Accord, and a 2003 Oddessy, I was a loyal honda customer - the key word is 'was'. I test drove both cars, and felt the Altima was a better car in the top of the line trim vs the accord ex v6. The redesigned Altima interior for 2005 is a nice improvement, although some of the compartment doors still feel a little cheap. What sold me was the performance of the Nissan v6. It is smooth, throaty, and has gobs of power at the will of your right foot.

My wife's possesive of it
By sneak a trip on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We just love it. Was searching for an '04 but couldn't find one in silver with features we wanted. Found an '05 with what we wanted and negotiated a price on the spot, straight up. Has been 1 week now and my wife won't give it up, to drive:). Never offered an extended warranty and haven't had a follow up from dealer either. Just didn't seem to really care since they got my $, took their name off the back.

2005 altima
By chris/lori on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

new improved exterior styling makes this vehicle much more masculine and interior materials are up to par with its competitors. fuel milage could be better for a 4 cyl. abs should be standard. otherwise much improvement over 2004 model.

Good Value
By Tikijojo on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I test drove the Honda Accord and was pretty much set on leasing until I drove the Altima. The '05 Altima's new interior is very sleek, and not to mention comfortable. The 175hp 2.5 engine is very responsive both off the line and at highway speed.

The wait was worth it
By astraumins on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I ordered my Altima specifically to get the 3.5SE in black with the 5spd manual. It is probably the most fun car I have ever driven. Every time I get in I just smile. The imprvmnts over the 04 model is worth forgoing the 04 finance option and getting the 05. If you are thinking of getting a Maxima, definitely look at an Altima too. I have driven both the 04 Maxima, 04 and 05 Altima and can tell you a fully loaded Altima beats a basic Maxima any day, especially since it is 27K for a loaded Altima w/out Nav and 28K for a basic Maxima. Plus the Alti beats the Max in the 0-60. OR just wait till the 05 Altima SE-R comes out in September. nissanclub.com

Nice car
By Tisokka on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car. My only concern is the gear shift. Third gear does not work as smooth as I would like. Perhaps it just needs to work its way out. So far I have 300 miles on it.

zowie
By alababa on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

much improve quietness in the interior

An excellent buy
By mark Chan on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased the vehicle last week, and this one is much better than my 2002 Altima by all means! The interior is as good as the the new Honda Accord and it handles like a German vehicle. Anyone shopping in this segment should take a look at this vehicle, compare this with Accord and Camry side by side, you will find the Camry is light year behind in design and chassis dynamic. The only real competitor is only the Accord, but the exterior design of the current Accord is just as exciting as a speech from President Bush!