Used 2005 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great Car If You Can Afford It
By Ryan

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Besides overpaying $2,000 on the car, I love the car. It definitely has LOTS of power. Torque steer is very evident when flooring it from a stand still. Crusing at 80mph on the freeway feels like your going 30. Leather seats are nice, but take awhile to warm up. Stereo is pretty nice. Suspension is really stiff, which makes freeway driving a little bumpy. Average about 17mpg in the city with a heavy foot so that's pretty good. The navigation system tells you your current fuel usage and mpg, distance to empty, distance to next maintance...etc. Overall a very fun car to drive! Just don't get ripped off at the dealer!

Favorite Features

Navigaton System (Very Very Nice), Heated Leather Seats, V6 Engine, Bose Audio, Overall Looks

Suggested Improvements

Softer suspension for freeway driving. Dual climate control, Automatic passenger seat, Better turning radius, MP3 For Bose Audio

Great Car
By Kelly

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Altima and would encourage anyone to buy one too. It is sporty, comfortable and has great highway gas milage (for a non-hybrid car). I was also considering the Toyota Camry, but felt the Altima was the better choice for a person in their late twenties.

Altima SL
By M Connolly

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car a week and I really enjoy driving it. I had a lager sedan and this is very differnt... much more fun to drive without giving up the saftey of the larger sedan.

I would Not Recommend
By Carlos Pena

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Altima in November of 2004. From the start it pulled to the left. The dealership stated it was just how tha car haldled. As you can see by the yearly mileage that I drive alot (17837--in 5 months), so I am on the road a bit. The car handles very poorly in the rain and in sharp turns.It definetely requires a lot of caution if drivning in the rain, it is very easy to go into a skid. It overall feels to light, and the steering is to soft, which in turns make you feel as if you don't have control of the car.

Favorite Features

I love the spacious interior, trunk space, audio system.

Suggested Improvements

1.Improve handling 2.add lights inside all the small compartments--great idea but requires main light to be on to see anything.

Upholstery
By Susan M.

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My husband has had 4 Nissan trucks in the past 25 years, two of them still going. This is my second Altima. I love the car except for the upholstery. It's been in 2 times for ripples and puckers in the driver's seat, problem with material. The passenger side is doing the same thing but the dealership won't replace it - says it's not bad enough yet.

Favorite Features

Great pickup and sleek styling. Looks like a much more expensive vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

CHANGE THE UPHOLSTERY. This will be the cause of my trading the car prior to warranty expiration.