Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 487 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

A Tremendous Value!
By PozzyMoto

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Altima. I have the luxury of a high priced designer vehicle without the dent in my wallet. I didn't realize that 4 cylanders had such great pickup. It's a pretty car, it's a peppy car, it's a reliable car. Why spen more?

awesome
By paul ward

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

awesome vehicle, superior styling in comparison to the other vehicles in its class, plus very comfortable, great performance, excellent safety ratings, all around awesome car!

awesome

awesome, no suggestions

Loving every minute of every drive....
By Joe Williams

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I don't get to drive my SE-R much, but every time I do, I love it! I'm gonna have to get a radar detector cuz it BEGS to be driven well in excess of 60mph. I had a 2003 Altima SE that was great, but this one is a very significant improvement over that one. The road noise issue has been addressed and the interior is much improved from the cheap-feeling plastic stuff that was in the old one. I haven't seen a car in the class that could hope to compete with the thrill factor available here. As good as the car looks parked, it has to be driven to be appreciated. Do NOT get the automatic (though I test drove one and it handles itself well, too!) - you'll be robbing yourself of a lot of joy.

The Growl of the engine, particularly at start-up. The handling is superb. The stereo kicks with any type of music. Nissan did a masterful job of appealing to the driving enthusiast here.

The steering wheel controls need to be lighted. The coin holders are in a shoulder-wrenching position. The wheels will spin if you get greedy with the gas when shifting. Fuel economy could be better, particularly since you gotta give it 93 octane. All of these are nit- picky, though. AWESOME CAR!!!

Awesome 3.5 V6
By Lorretta

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 3.5 V6 Altimas is such an awesome car. I have friends that own BMW, Mercedes, etc., and they compare to their car, and say this Altima is just as good as their automobile. It's pick up is awesome, the comfort & roominess are superb. It is overall better than the Accord, which I also considered. Thanks Nissan for making a great car at such a reasonable price! I am thoroughly enjoying this car.

The roominess in the seats...best ever! and the Engine. SO Powerful. Great pick up! 60/40 split in seats, and the size of the trunk. WOW.

The vents... I wish the levers turned with with inside. The levers just go up and down, but at least the inside of the vents turn. That is the only thing I can think of.

happy as a clam
By pete

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Went from a 2005 $65K E-class Mercedes to this! I just got tired of knowing my service adviser on a first name basis. This car has been great to own/drive. Its roomy for clients and has just enough performance not to let me get bored like my Accord's did. I had one small interior molding issue and that was fixed in just a few hours by the dealer.

interior room, price,steering/handling,resale value,reliability, the tilt AND telescopic steering wheel,color choices.

Tail light design looks dumb. I feel the "Clear Corner" look is just kinda 90's! Rear air vents would be nice. Continental tires are cheap and low performance.