Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Safety of 2005 altima
By V.Luce

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Leased vehicle 8/2004 after receiving offer from Nissan on early termination of lease on 2001 Pathfinder. Loved that SUV. Was impressed with Altima's overall design and engine performance. Neglected to check oversall body frame. Late August 2004 while slowly backing out of a parking space hit a low brick planter(too low to see in rear view mirror. Cost replacement molded bumper $542.00.Used a magnet to check the body and found the hood and trunk were molded not metal. Concerned safety driving this car whose body is not 100% metal.

Enjoy driving. Have always driven a Toyota Camry. Got into Nissan because of the Pathfinder.

Go back to full metal body frame.

great car so far
By dan

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

great style lots of room I am 6'4 nice sound system first nissan for me but not my last

the comfort of the car, gas milage

make the upper compartment latch easier to open

Great car for the price
By Colleen

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car then drove from Florida to California and everywhere in between. I logged over 13K miles and no problemo. I was on the road for four months, drove in every kind of weather possible including needing chains to make it through the mountain passes yet, it holds its own without them. I absolutely love this car.

The stero controls on the wheel, and the automatic closing of the sunroof upon shutting the car off.

Put the blinker signals lower on the controls so I can see when they are blinking. It is in a blind spot for me.

I Love it!
By Phyllis

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Even though I have only owned my Altima for over a little more than a month I am delighted to get behind the wheel. I think it looks good and I look good in it. It handles well and gets good gas milage as well. So far the dealer has lived up to all of my expectations.

There should be more instrutment lights especially on the steering wheel.

Yes sir!!
By Peggy

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 45-year old mother of five and can I say owning this car has been the most fun! My older kids all want to drive it and show it off to their friends. The younger ones think it's such a treat whenever I let them go for a ride in it. The whole look of the exterior and interior screams luxury sport. And the Code Red color sure does turn heads.

Code Red color, luxurious leather interior, tight handling on curves, awesome Bose stereo system, nice size trunk - lots of space.

Warn drivers the sporty, racing tires are NOT meant for snow. On dry and rainy pavement, they're fantastic. But with even a dusting of snow, they're useless.