Used 2005 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Awesome Altima 3.5
By D. Jarrell

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car and so has everyone else that has been in it. My boys 17 and 18 are fighting over who is going to get it when we hand it in. It's fun to drive and I get a lot of compliments of it too. The color (that you have discontinued) is always commented on and how much they love the color. Ice blue, I believe it is. I've had no problems with the car at all. Just trying to keep it below the proper speed limit is the only one I've had.

Favorite Features

Easy to drive. Fun to drive. Quick and get okay gas mileage. Love, love the color. The stereo system is good too.

Suggested Improvements

For all cars. Seat belt made comfortable for short people. They always come across our necks not across the chest. Get the ice blue color back in stock.

Love my car!!!!
By Kelly

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Altima! It is sporty, roomy, and most importantly fuel efficient. I just traded in a SUV and don't miss it one bit. You also get a lot more for your money compared to other vehicles.

Awesome Car
By ksweets

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car because although I don't have a family or a lot of people in my car always, the space is always there when you need it. and even though you might have guests in your car, the space is still there. It is a great car to travel in. You don't have to worry about being uncomfortable on a long trip. I'm only 23 and its my first new car, and so far I love it!!!

Favorite Features

Some of my favorite features is the trunk space, the sound of the stereo and the look of the interior. Very sleek looking!!!

No ABS Brakes
By scarolina

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Altima last September & was very excited since I had a '88 Maxima I traded. My new car lacks power (quick acceleration) (4 cyl engine) definitely underpowered & affects mileage. The driver bucket seat is not comfortable & the original seat was installed at a angle-had it replaced. My biggest concern is not having ABS system. I had ABS before & didn't realize the added safety in having ABS brakes. I'm seriously considering trading my car in for a 3.5 Altima with ABS or purchasing a Honda or Toyota. Cars are so experience & purchasing a new that lacks quality to say the least is extremely frustrating. I normally keep a car 10 to 12 years but feel this car will be the exception

Favorite Features

I like the sunroof and the Bose sound system. The exterior lines are quite attractive.

Suggested Improvements

Have ABS brakes as standard equipment, also 6 cylinder as standard, improve the contour of the bucket seats, and have a dte (distance to empty) display that is accurate not varying by 20 to 35 miles.

Sit Back and Enjoy the Ride!
By DPiedra

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Only had this car for a fewmonths. Got the 3.5 SE with leather package, sunroof, larger tires, Bose Stereo, plus all the other bells and wistles. This car is not only fun to drive, it is fast and very responsive. Love the interior. That is primarily where this car wins big over the boring Accord and Camry.

Favorite Features

Bose Stereo, Sunroof, Wheels, Steering Wheel, Soft Shifter, AC (Cold!)

Suggested Improvements

Lighted instruments on steering wheel and a better lit radio panel - but who the hell cares ... nothing that really begs to be changed in a way that would affect performance.