Used 2005 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews - 487 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

9-year Review
By romans10nine

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, White with Black interior, 5-speed manual. Purchased new in October, 2004. Current mileage: 68,000. I have only needed one repair, and that was a crankshaft positioning sensor, which was discovered by the service engine light coming on. I have used Mobile 1 full synthetic from the beginning. The car literally drives like new.

Styling still looks great 9 years later. Reliability is great, still handles and feels like new. Interior still looks like new so the materials must be high quality.

The original Continental tires had terrible traction. My second set were Goodyear Triple Treds and now I have Michelin Defenders. Both of these tires are great. Wish it had Traction Control and ABS.

2005 Altima SE V6 270,000 Miles and counting
By frank1981

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say, My Altima has given the best run!

It has had only one problem, Alternator gave in during its first 30,000 miles and was under warranty. For the first 3 years I drove about 30,000 a year. Then I slowed down, drove about 20,000 after that lol

Amazing vehicle ! No major problems.
I have done tune ups as needed, purchase tires, oils changes
& other basic needs.

Not really a bad car
By dcmajesty

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have a 2005 altima v6 se model i mus say overall its okay needs minor work such as alignment, struts, brake system etc , just small things but can be pricey, its lasted me quite a while, the design is quite nice i get alot of compliments not like other altimas i gave it a custom paint job got creative and just modified the current hid system from the factory and added some after market bulbs. threw some 18 factory 350 z rims same bolt pattern as alitima fit like champ , painted those black , it really makes the car stick out , i just gotta gut the exhaust
system the one from the factory really sux , i think modifying the engine jus a tad and overall suspension this car will go!!

stereo system, bose , gutted the factory speakers and replaced all with infinity kappas i used the factory bose amp it really knocks nice clean bass added a alpine deck double din

suspension, exhaust, transmission, power steering

AVOID THE 2.5L, You'll love the 3.5L
By caseyh1

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Nissan quality has went down hill since the 90's.
The 2002 -2005 2.5L
commonly has the head gasket go bad, before 100k miles.
Mine went at 98k miles.
If you pay someone it will cost you $1,600.
Also it is possible that the forward catalytic converter will go bad, blow debris into your cylinders, and ruin them.
WIth cloth seats, the drivers seat is rock hard.
The seat doesn't support my thighs,
causes pain.
The Altima is supposed to ride stiffer and sportier than other cars, but on a really bumpy road it is just torture. The throttle is touchy it just lurches forward in stop and go traffic, I have to put the automatic into 1st or 2nd so I don't get whiplash.
Wind noise on sunroof.

Nice looking on the outside and inside. Powerful, very good acceleration, spacious interior and trunk.

The last Nissan I will ever own.
By jalaniz4116

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Nissan Altima new, and it has been a big burden. I had the car for a month when the transmission went out. I wish I was joking. The dealership took care of the problem pretty promptly.

The Cam-shaft sensors went out, so the car would just stop on me at a low rates of speed. As one could imagine, it was not very safe due to that reason.

I have had to replace 3 alternators. 3 of them!!!!!! I have had to replace all the motor mounts & the breaks way too often. After a year, I never felt safe in taking the Altima out of town.

Roomy

They can improve just about everything.