2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
- This was the roomiest car I've ever really fit into as my previous cars, in order, were: Civic, Corolla then Passat (leased) and my first w/auto transmission.
- Bought car in Sept. 2005 used with 20,001 miles on it. Found out it was previously owned by Enterprise Rental, but warranty was almost used up hence price ~6k below retail cost!
- Had to buy an extended 3yr. warranty which paid itself off later. Then bought another final ext. warranty for an add.
3 yrs. later.
- After many repairs years later, it still works but isn't that fuel efficient, 23/27 city/hwy but winter brings it down to 18/24 city.
- Too many repairs now so won't consider another Nissan >:(
It's relatively roomy... That's it!
- Wrote in-depth online review elsewhere and graded the car a "C" and contacted Nissan about it. Typical canned response which showed it didn't care!
- Newer version ~2007-2012 model which supposedly appears to have "fixed" the problems in my other review.
- Too many repairs needed.
- Problems with rust and steering/vibrations!!
- Continental tires S@CK! Replace all 4 tires!
- Good for warm NOT cold driving conditions!
- Auto. transmission still "seeking" best gears to use so shifting not so good esp. at low speeds :(
- Will keep until warranty runs out so hopefully I've saved enough to trade it in for a "better" car.
- Just keep working w/no problems!
- No more Nissans :(
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.