1 of 1 people found this review helpful
2005 Nissan 2.5 S Automatic
By m_z on
2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan w/SL Package (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
- This was the roomiest car I've ever really fit into as my previous cars, in order, were: Civic, Corolla then Passat (leased) and my first w/auto transmission.
- Bought car in Sept. 2005 used with 20,001 miles on it. Found out it was previously owned by Enterprise Rental, but warranty was almost used up hence price ~6k below retail cost!
- Had to buy an extended 3yr. warranty which paid itself off later. Then bought another final ext. warranty for an add.
3 yrs. later.
- After many repairs years later, it still works but isn't that fuel efficient, 23/27 city/hwy but winter brings it down to 18/24 city.
- Too many repairs now so won't consider another Nissan >:(
It's relatively roomy... That's it!
- Wrote in-depth online review elsewhere and graded the car a "C" and contacted Nissan about it. Typical canned response which showed it didn't care!
- Newer version ~2007-2012 model which supposedly appears to have "fixed" the problems in my other review.
- Too many repairs needed.
- Problems with rust and steering/vibrations!!
- Continental tires S@CK! Replace all 4 tires!
- Good for warm NOT cold driving conditions!
- Auto. transmission still "seeking" best gears to use so shifting not so good esp. at low speeds :(
- Will keep until warranty runs out so hopefully I've saved enough to trade it in for a "better" car.
- Just keep working w/no problems!
- No more Nissans :(