Used 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2005 Altima SE V6 270,000 Miles and counting
By frank1981

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say, My Altima has given the best run! It has had only one problem, Alternator gave in during its first 30,000 miles and was under warranty. For the first 3 years I drove about 30,000 a year. Then I slowed down, drove about 20,000 after that lol Amazing vehicle ! No major problems. I have done tune ups as needed, purchase tires, oils changes & other basic needs.

Unsatisfied after 3 years
By Steven

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just traded in my Altima after 3 years and 57,000 miles because of a few fairly large issues in my opinion: 1) Loud Road Noise 2) Rough ride over bumps 3) Replaced front breaks at 35,000 miles 4) Replaced back breaks at 45,000 miles 5) Replaced bent rim at 35,000 miles 6) Replaced battery at 56,000 miles 7) Very wide turning radius If you want a FUN car to drive, this car will do it for you. The 3.5 engine is simply unbelievable. It's also a very attractive car. However, if you're looking for ride quality, steer completely clear of this vehicle because you will be very disappointed.

By far, my favorite thing about this car is the world class engine. Other things: 1) Folding back seat for hauling things 2) Convenient controls / dashboard 3) Auto one-touch up/down windows 4) Mixed am/fm radio presets

1) Improve durability of the braking system! 2) Improve road noise 3) Improve ride quality / suspension 4) Reduce turning radius (seriously, this is ridiculously large and seems like nitpicking, but it makes u-turns dangerous)

BEST PURCHASE I'VE EVER MADE!
By HiltonHamptonGirl

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car literally rocks my socks. I have fallen in love with Nissans. By far the best made car I have ever owned. Went from a Mazda6 to a Buick Rendezvous and now this Nissan. Very clean and reliable car. Have a blast driving it! Plenty of room for my 7month old daughter and all her belongings. Who says you have to get a mini van after you have a child!?! NISSAN IS THE BEST!!! As well as their luxury end of vehicles (Infinity). Wonderful performance.

BOSE sound system, sunroof, interior, engine, great gas mileage. I have had no problems with loud sounds when I drive so overall..FABULOUS CAR!

START SELLING NISSAN SKYLINES IN THIS COUNTRY AT THE DEALERSHIPS, WE WANT THEM HERE!

I will miss it a lot!
By Bolek

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am about to return this car as I leased it for the last two years and I have to tell that I will miss it a lot. For one - the $349/month with 0 down was an amazing deal considering how much they want for the fully equipped car today. To all the people who complained about the radio display being not clear in direct sunlight - you should have gotten the version with navigation system as I did. Then the radio info is displayed on the navi screen and you can see it in any light conditions. This car is a racket - you get instant response to the accelerator pedal. This comes with a price as I was getting on average 18- 19 miles to a gallon in 50/50 city/highway driving. On highway better 26.

Lots of room inside (I'm 6.3 - yet people behind me have plenty space) Very powerful yet quiet V6, HID headlights, Sirius/bose radio, Navigation system, interior/exterior styling, Quiet interior,

Fit of the chassis - uneven spaces between door panels, trunk and hood panels, Navigation system switches to the detail view to early, rear seats lack tweeter speakers. Stock tires quality (had mine changed under warranty after 5,000 miles - bad batch for the new ones - much better)

Love my Altima
By sbrangers

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Altima I've owned. My first was a 1998 before purchasing a 2005 3.5 SL. I love the power and ride this vehicle delivers. I've owned Nissans since 1986 and they keep getting better all the time.

The power train.

Paint seems to chip or markup too easy.