Used 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Beware!
By Nathan

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When test driving this car I thought it was peppy and cornered very well. After having it for 3 months I had to replace the camshaft sensors, ignition coil, and spark plugs. A month later I was told my catalytic converter was shot. Now that I've owned it for ten months i need to have the tie rods and power steering pump fixed. DO NOT BUY THIS P.O.S.!

I love my Altima!
By TN Driver

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Altima used with 17k miles on it to replace a smaller car that had been wrecked. I wasn't sure about a 4 door family sedan (always had been a "coupe" lady), but I needed something I could haul grandchildren in. It is fun to drive and I love the slightly aggressive lines. My teenage son said "Mom, this is the coolest car!" It has the 2.5l 4-cyl engine, & while the pep from the 6-cyl would be cool at times, I don't want to give up the fuel economy the 4-cyl has.

Sharp looking sedan Fun to drive Decent fuel economy

Can't think of any, but sure do wish it could hold 3 car seats in the back seat. Grandbaby #3 is on the way! Time for a mini-van or suv... :-(

Love My Altima
By nikki157

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my altima with 1 mile on it, and that was my test drive. I have not had any problems out of it. In fact cannot ever remember it being in the shop for other than an oil change and new tires. I drive about 75-100 miles per day and get great gas mileage. I have taken this car on numerous road trips without even thinking twice. It has 160K miles on it now and still runs like the day I pulled it off the lot. Car is super cute and makes you feel like a million bucks driving it, love the looks it gets going down the road. And who says family sedans aren't sporty and a blast to drive?

acceleration and sporty look, car is fun to drive and handles very well.

can't really think of anything that could make it better

go get one
By IL0VEIT

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Nissan altima last month for only $4500 from a private owner.... It had 157,000 miles on the odometer, but it still has a value of $10,000-its a 2.5sl with all the extras.. It has a Bose sound system, spoiler, leather, heated seats, sunroof... The whole package and I love it, its very powerful and the air and heat works perfect, I would definitely recommend someone to purchase a altima

The car sits to low and its scrubs the ground when I have other people in my car, and also it could've had a port to connect my ipod to, but other than that, I love it

My 2.5 S w/ Conv. Package
By Lynz

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 05 in Jan. of 05 with 60 miles on it - today I have 99500! And it is still going strong, it does have road noise, and i find that it doesn't ride all that smooth. I had a battery problem 3 winters in a Row - Nissan replaced the battery each time - nothing really determined except needed new battery. I agree, tires from Nissan are awful on set # 3 (first 2 from Nissan) and need new brakes/rotors - GREAT gas mileage approx. 425 miles per tank! I do alot of highway driving...Wonder how much longer it will last?

Interior Room, Trunk space, Overall pretty good car

Hard to park in tight spots, cheap interior parts, road noise