2005 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Fantastic car
By kchubs on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car a year and a half ago. It served me well. The only issue was that the clutch would drop a bit once and a while, but never hindered my driving. I added an iPod player to the bose sound system and it worked amazing, never heard anything that sounded so good. And this car loved to be driven hard. 0-100 km/h in just over 6 seconds, and everything was stock. Take turns hard and it would continue to grip. Suspension is harder than a normal 3.5, so ride was a bit rougher with semi-bald tires, but smooth with good tires. The car was also rolled into the ditch off the highway, side airbags went off, not front (which was good). My wife walked out of the car. This was a great car!

It's Been A Great Car So Far!
By rhcpgirlaji on 07/02/09 10:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

The only major thing I'd change would be that I would have gotten the 6-speed manual rather than the 5-speed automatic, but that wasn't my choice. Of course, there are some minor annoyances, but overall it's a fantastically fun, yet practical, sedan to own.

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE-R
By SE-R Fanatic on 12/23/08 06:45 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car at a large auto auction. I was looking for a 2005 Altima SE or Maxima SE. Came across this one and fell in love with its design. This car has it all for a stock 4-door sedan. The gas mileage is okay, I am averaging 21 MPG, but that is probably due to the fact that this car wants to be driven hard. This car will flat out fly. I had to by the automatic b/c the wife refuses to learn a manual. The ride quality of this car is good, but not great. This is due to the 18 inch low profile wheels and super stiff sport suspension. This is not your grandpa's Caddy. Bottom line, I would buy this over the competition. Nissan is making some of the best cars on the road.

2005 Nissan Altima SE-R
By David Davis on 09/21/07 09:01 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is great! The way it looks and drives makes it the best sporty car I've ever owned.

Love my SE-R!!
By GVUCRDT on 06/02/07 15:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this car for a few weeks, put a few thousand miles on it already, and love it! I had a '97 Altima (still have) w/ 173000 miles, I expect the same from this. The only problem is that my old favorite windy roads are now boring in the SE-R, I need to find more challanging roads! Oh wait, guess that's not really a problem is it?

Great All-Around Car
By Jason on 04/15/07 15:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car offers a great driving experience and provides excellent practicality. The brakes hall it down from speed very quickly and have proven to be fade free on multiple trips through mountain roads. Steering is quick and neutral, and the suspension controls body motions without being overly harsh. The engine has a broad powerband, and the automatic transmission almost always shifts at the correct times while holding gears when appropriate. There is a lot of room in the car, even for tall people, and the seating position is very nice. The car has had a bad engine mount, loose rear window, and broken moonroof visor (my fault), all covered under warranty.

Luster wears off quick!!
By Ticked-off-tico on 02/08/07 23:42 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

I had written a review with higher ratings when I 1st got car but that has changed dramatically. Car started to pull to left more and more. Let go of steering wheel & you might hit curb or cars. Seats are uncomfortable for 50 plus mile trips. Interior parts have popped off or loosened and I have noticed that the black paint job on exterior is of inferior quality for $25,000 plus car. Engine sounds like it will need to be fixed soon. Rear view mirror does not dim well enough at night that you don't squint during night driving. I believed in Nissan before but lost faith that they even care about customers more than the buck. Ridiculous maintenance prices. No mp3 compatibility.Lots of road noise.

Ultimate Sports Sedan
By MartymdSE-R on 12/23/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Altima and i love it more than any other car that I've ever owned. It combines everyday drivability along with excellent performance! Plus, it won't break the bank.

gutsy family hauler
By as on 08/18/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

Approx. 2500 mi. driven on a 2005 SE-R bought used, mixed higway and city. This is a car that begs to be driven hard: self restraint is sometimes difficult to exercise. Performance is exciting, even if not exhilarating, much more than enough for the daily grind--you can have some serious fun on occasions. The car strikes a good balance between comfort and performance; but sure it is not a floaty luxury cruiser. Nobody complained about it, however, on an 800-mi highway ride with 4 adults. Creature comforts are OK, fairly simple except for the fancy bose sound and the leather seats that smell so nice. Overall, I got 25-26 mpg paying some attention to my driving, with some fun at times.

Back in Black
By Big Time on 12/01/05 13:54 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE-R 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6M)

This car is probably the most thrilling car I've ever driven. The great thing about it, its pretty fast, but also very comfortable, a rare combination. Everywhere I go, all I get is compliments, even the people at the dealership give me props for this badboy. I also suggest making the dealership wash the car, they do a bang-up job and really make it shine. You just can't go wrong buying this car....you get that fun feeling when you drive it, like you are driving someone else's sports car, but then you realize its yours, and just smile.