2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
2005 Altima 3.5se 5spd
By rwouell1 on 03/28/11 14:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love love love this car. I bought it new in 2005 and have almost 92000 on it now. The 3.5 with a 5spd is a rocket ship. Love to pull up next to sport coupes and blow there door off. I have only had to change the breaks and put new tires on it. It has been to the shop twice for repair work. Once for a rear suspension recall and once to replace something in the steering system which had rusted out. Over all would buy another except for the fact that you can no longer get a v6 stick shift sedan anymore. Only wish the car had come with abs and side airbags. Might actually trade it in for a mazda.

Simply Wicked!
By Fobroader on 11/18/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand spanking new in 05. Drove the 4 cylinder Then drove the v6. The 4 is pathetic, this car is a rocket. Had to get the 5spd manual because an automatic is just wrong when paired to a vq35de engine. Stock tires were absolute garbage, all seasons on a 250 horse car? The 6 pack changer had to be replaced under warranty. Floor mats wore right through under gas and clutch pedal. Great car, highly recommend the v6 model to everyone. Drive a manual before you buy the automatic to see how amazing this car can be. I've got about 60,000 miles on mine and its been bulletproof.

Engine Won't Last
By Rob on 01/24/10 21:09 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Loved driving the 3.5SE...for four years and 67,000 miles. Then the timing chain began whining. Nissan covered the $2,400 repair since it was a known issue (see Technical Service Bulletin). 8 months and 12,000 miles later, I noticed my oil level was low. Seeing no leaks, I tracked the oil level over the next couple of months. At 89,000 miles, dealer determined that engine was burning 1 1/2 quarts of oil every 1,000 miles! Offered to replace engine for $6,600 my cost. Nissan refuses assistance since they already took care of timing chain (to me, kind of irrelevant now). This on a car with all scheduled maintenance receipts. Better have an extended warranty or dump car before it's junk.

Another Great NISSAN
By ruski1987 on 09/13/09 20:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Researching cars and engines, I decided to buy a Nissan. Didn't like the blown-up Maxima so I bought the Altime 3.5 SE. Great acceleration when manually shift it (5 speed automatic) goes 0-60 in 5.5 seconds with slightly modified engine (performance intake).Gas mileage is good too (19-20 city, 29-30 highway with 93 octane). After rebuilding an older Maxima, I realized you get the most quality and performance for your money with Nissan. Nissan has a great luxury line of autos (Infiniti) especially the G3 5.

Will Never Leave Nissan
By fpento on 05/23/09 08:14 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

After many hours of reviews, I decided to purchase the 3.5 Altima. With the added HP and the spacious room ... baby on the way ... I couldn't go wrong. The car's a bullet! Gotta love that award winning V6. Almost a year into ownership and nothing has gone wrong. When it's time to replace this, there will have to be something special out there for me to get something different that an Altima!

4 years and still happy
By Satified Owner on 05/17/09 10:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my 3.5 SE new in 2005. I only have 28000 miles but I have had very few problems. The car has only been in the shop for routine maintenance. However, in march of 2009 I had to replace my battery. I have heard of others with this problem. Overall I am happy. The 3.5 engine has a lot of power. This is fun at stop lights and has gotten me out of a few jams on the freeway. The complaints about the road noise (esp in the back), turning radius, and cheap interior are valid. They are not prohibitive however. I live in DC now so the turning radius is more pronounced. I have taking this car on 400 mile trips (I can get 33 mpg on the highway) and have been completely satisfied.

Love it, But hate it
By Mandddddyyy on 01/27/09 00:49 AM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car after owning quite a few Chevys, and this is my favorite car to date. I love the power and the handling is great, the car looks great. However I live in upstate NY and we get a lot of snow in the winter, with the TCS it makes it very difficult for me to get around. I have to remember to turn off TCS every time I get in the car if there is any snow. The car absolutely will not go uphill in any snow whether TCS is on or off. And there is a considerable amount of road noise, it always seems like I'm yelling over it to talk or turning the music up very loud to hear.

Owned Acura, BMW, and Honda
By carter on 08/24/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Only one complaint about this car. Turn radius of a Mac Truck. That's it! Car for the money was the best decision. A family member has a 2007 and I like my cabin better but they do have a cup holder in the sideskirt pocket.

Smooth
By Domingo on 08/21/08 23:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just drove this car up toward Boise, Id. from Mt. Vernon and wow it's got power when I needed it. Especially when you want to get away from those 18 wheel guys. You know what I mean right. Up the curvy hills know problem, passing up the hills, zoom bye I'm gone. But look out for Mr. ticket man.

Awesome Nissan
By denvern on 07/23/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an awesome car. It looks amazing, has LOTS of power and gets great mileage. I've always been a Nissan fan and imo an excellent alternative to the Camry and Accord.

1 2 3 4 5 next »