Used 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Most Helpful|
I love my Altima!
By TN Driver

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Altima used with 17k miles on it to replace a smaller car that had been wrecked. I wasn't sure about a 4 door family sedan (always had been a "coupe" lady), but I needed something I could haul grandchildren in. It is fun to drive and I love the slightly aggressive lines. My teenage son said "Mom, this is the coolest car!" It has the 2.5l 4-cyl engine, & while the pep from the 6-cyl would be cool at times, I don't want to give up the fuel economy the 4-cyl has.

Favorite Features

Sharp looking sedan Fun to drive Decent fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any, but sure do wish it could hold 3 car seats in the back seat. Grandbaby #3 is on the way! Time for a mini-van or suv... :-(

Love it
By nikkishine

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Love my car. I have never had a Nissan before but I love it. It holds my family well and it's comfortable to ride in. I enjoy traveling in it also. It also does pretty well on gas.

Favorite Features

I just really like the overall look of the car. It looks like it's more expensive than what it is.

My 2.5 S w/ Conv. Package
By Lynz

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 05 in Jan. of 05 with 60 miles on it - today I have 99500! And it is still going strong, it does have road noise, and i find that it doesn't ride all that smooth. I had a battery problem 3 winters in a Row - Nissan replaced the battery each time - nothing really determined except needed new battery. I agree, tires from Nissan are awful on set # 3 (first 2 from Nissan) and need new brakes/rotors - GREAT gas mileage approx. 425 miles per tank! I do alot of highway driving...Wonder how much longer it will last?

Favorite Features

Interior Room, Trunk space, Overall pretty good car

Suggested Improvements

Hard to park in tight spots, cheap interior parts, road noise

Good Car!!
By M.J.

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.5 SL. I bought it brand new with 4 miles on it. I get about 24.5 mpg in the city. It has a good size trunk and lots of leg room in the back seat. Knock on wood, I have had no problems with this car. I have about 65,000 miles on it. I just had my third set of tires put on. For a four banger engine it is pretty peppy. Leather interior has held up great!!

Favorite Features

Fold down rear seats. Large trunk. Lots of rear legroom. Good gas mileage.

Love My Altima
By nikki157

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my altima with 1 mile on it, and that was my test drive. I have not had any problems out of it. In fact cannot ever remember it being in the shop for other than an oil change and new tires. I drive about 75-100 miles per day and get great gas mileage. I have taken this car on numerous road trips without even thinking twice. It has 160K miles on it now and still runs like the day I pulled it off the lot. Car is super cute and makes you feel like a million bucks driving it, love the looks it gets going down the road. And who says family sedans aren't sporty and a blast to drive?

Favorite Features

acceleration and sporty look, car is fun to drive and handles very well.

Suggested Improvements

can't really think of anything that could make it better