2005 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
I love my Altima!
By TN Driver on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Altima used with 17k miles on it to replace a smaller car that had been wrecked. I wasn't sure about a 4 door family sedan (always had been a "coupe" lady), but I needed something I could haul grandchildren in. It is fun to drive and I love the slightly aggressive lines. My teenage son said "Mom, this is the coolest car!" It has the 2.5l 4-cyl engine, & while the pep from the 6-cyl would be cool at times, I don't want to give up the fuel economy the 4-cyl has.

Love My Altima
By nikki157 on 07/01/10 17:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my altima with 1 mile on it, and that was my test drive. I have not had any problems out of it. In fact cannot ever remember it being in the shop for other than an oil change and new tires. I drive about 75-100 miles per day and get great gas mileage. I have taken this car on numerous road trips without even thinking twice. It has 160K miles on it now and still runs like the day I pulled it off the lot. Car is super cute and makes you feel like a million bucks driving it, love the looks it gets going down the road. And who says family sedans aren't sporty and a blast to drive?

go get one
By IL0VEIT on 09/21/09 01:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2005 Nissan altima last month for only $4500 from a private owner.... It had 157,000 miles on the odometer, but it still has a value of $10,000-its a 2.5sl with all the extras.. It has a Bose sound system, spoiler, leather, heated seats, sunroof... The whole package and I love it, its very powerful and the air and heat works perfect, I would definitely recommend someone to purchase a altima

My 2.5 S w/ Conv. Package
By Lynz on 06/22/09 18:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my 05 in Jan. of 05 with 60 miles on it - today I have 99500! And it is still going strong, it does have road noise, and i find that it doesn't ride all that smooth. I had a battery problem 3 winters in a Row - Nissan replaced the battery each time - nothing really determined except needed new battery. I agree, tires from Nissan are awful on set # 3 (first 2 from Nissan) and need new brakes/rotors - GREAT gas mileage approx. 425 miles per tank! I do alot of highway driving...Wonder how much longer it will last?

Good Car!!
By M.J. on 04/29/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2.5 SL. I bought it brand new with 4 miles on it. I get about 24.5 mpg in the city. It has a good size trunk and lots of leg room in the back seat. Knock on wood, I have had no problems with this car. I have about 65,000 miles on it. I just had my third set of tires put on. For a four banger engine it is pretty peppy. Leather interior has held up great!!

OK Car
By Anna on 04/07/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Car is a bit noisy. Fun car to drive on the highway, but in town visibility doesn't seem to be that great because the car sits so low. Interior parts are very cheaply made. Lots of back seat space & trunk space. Rattling noises in places can't be detected. Dashboard is sensitive to the sun and is actually deforming/melting up above the steering wheel. Always problems w/the door locks. Car likes to just lock by itself at times. Decent on gas. Front seats don't seem to be too comfortable on long rides. They sit too low as well. Tires seem to wear quickly and seems tire noise is loud no matter what. Biggest beef is the cheap interior parts.

Buyer Beware!!!!!!
By Chelsey on 04/02/09 16:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Be careful about the reviews, this car starts giving you ALOT of trouble about the third year, crank shift sensor replaced THREE TIMES, fuel pump replaced in 2008 and again this week in 2009. Rotors went on back brakes at 42,000 miles. Two sets of tires. From what I have read this has happened to many owners of the Altima. This car is a major lemon! This was my first and last Nissan. I am trading it in this weekend as from what I read the catalytic converter and transmission are the next to go.

Hidden Problem
By Jacquelyn Calhoun on 03/21/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this car in July of 2008. It drives great and it has the power that I love in a car. As I read some of the other review it is apparent that the fuel pump is an issue with this car. Driving down the expressway and having the car cut off in morning rush hour traffic is a very scary experience. This may change the way I feel about Nissan and it products. I should have just gotten another Honda they last longer and hold the value better. This was a very costly mistake that I will have to pay for when Nissan should be taking care of the bill.

Unhappy with Nissan
By Erin on 12/22/08 18:23 PM (PST)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first Nissan and I have been very disappointed with the car. The brakes rotors and all went at 40,000, I have replaced the tires all the way around twice Nissan told me that the tires that they put on the car were garbage. They recalled the car for the crank shaft sensor and also had to replace the fuel pump. Yesterday, I noticed it was leaking a small amount of antifreeze. I am looking into buying a Honda or Toyota within the next week, I am afraid that this car is going to be a money pit.

Not as good as people say
By Buhba on 04/11/08 08:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

After 4 yrs, 35,000+ miles, very roomy, nice exterior, enough powerful, good MPG. Very noisy, twice changed shock absorbers (on warranty), over 3 yrs something knock in right front area, no one knows what is that, gaps around headlights, askew bracing of trunk hood, bumpers are very easy to markup after that looks cheap.