Used 2004 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Capable Cruiser
By Roger

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had to put the car into the shop once. Outside of routine oil changes the thing runs like a dream. I do notice a little wind noise around the windows, but have had this on every car I've owned. It has excellent interior space and is a pleasure to drive.

Favorite Features

I like that you can disable to trunk release for valeting your car.

Suggested Improvements

Make the steering wheel based audio controls a standard feature. Also move the rear-defrost button. (I find it a little hard to reach while driving.

Fun to drive
By m1109

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. Since it is my wife's car I donít get to drive it enough. Excellent highway mileage. I will agree that the interior has a somewhat of a cheap feel to it but if you choose the right color combination you can minimize it. The 3.5 se has way more look and drive that any other car in the price range.

Favorite Features

The look from behind on the 3.5 se with the dual exhastis really hot. The horepower is awesome as well.

Suggested Improvements

less plastic on the interior, glare on the stereo, interior noise.

My Favorite Car
By Brenda

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Altima is that pretty sage green color. I can't tell you how many people compliment the car. It acclerates well and has excellent response. The Bose sound system is a must. I can never own another car without a sunroof. You will be spoiled. My only regret is that I did not get ON-Star.

Favorite Features

I rely on the DTE feature (Distance till empty). Taken seriously, you will never run out of gas. And anyone who loves music will be impressed with the Bose system.

Suggested Improvements

Lighted steering column. I can't even see my cruise control after dark

First-time Nissan owner
By swhite

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my first Nissan last year after owning a Saturn. The Nissan is MUCH more reliable than the Saturn was. So far, I've only had routine maintenance work done. I feel safe in the Altima.

Favorite Features

The car is beautiful. All my family and friends love it. It's practical. It's great for a single person, yet large enough to hold me and a few friends comfortably. Great trunk space and a nice-sized back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Lighted steering wheel controls. Less interior noise. I often hear a rush of wind near my driver's side rear window.

Smooth Ride
By AMartinez

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive car and very smooth on the highway. Tons of room inside especially in the rear seat and a huge trunk. Has enough power to have fun with. Girls love it when I let them drive my car.

Favorite Features

Again, the smoothness on the highway. I also love the autodimming rearview mirrow and the auto headlights. The radio controls on the steering wheel are a must. Great car for the price.

Suggested Improvements

There is a little lag in pedal response when initially accelerating.