Used 2004 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

A thing for Altimas
By RJones

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 2nd Altima. I had a '95 that I bought used in '96, kept it until '05 (160k miles) when I bought my 2nd one (also used). These cars definitely seem to have problems w/the O2 sensors (both of mine did), but overall are reliable. Unfortunately, I just totalled my 2nd one (at 73k miles) so I am off this weekend to by another :(

Exterior; fun to drive; adjustable arm rest (b/w the front seats).

02 sensors - what's up w/that?

Best Of All of Them
By john

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I'm in my 60s and for all the cars I have bought and driven over the years from Chevys, Fords and other imports, this car is the best of the breed. It's comfortable, it's fun to drive and very very reliable. If I had enough money I would buy one for every day of the week.

Leather seats that are heated. Road course handling, great power even for a four cylinder. Very quiet interior.

None, it's a great car.

Worst Car
By Otis Lee Singleton

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The only good experience with this car is when I first bought It. The Keys Deactivated with no one at Nissan able to tell me why but charged to reset them. The exhaust manifold cracked and had to be replaced which they did but not before engine developed a valve noise that they would not help. The driverside window motor went out. The sunroof opens and closes on it's own. The interior is cheaply built, the visors and cup holders have broken or screws are falling out. Exhaust donut gasket went out. With all these problems along with a couple factory recalls led me to never to want another Nissan because even contacting Corporate they would not help.

Exterior Look

Improve on interior quality and build a better engine. My engine needs to be replaced according to Nissan dealer.

fuel mileage poor 4 cyl like v6
By d gussie

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

just got car, has 25000 miles. drove 1000 got 22.5 mpg city &29 hwy. my 95 avalon v6 gets better at 24/31mpg. like style, sound, hot seats and all the toys. watch the gear shift, its tricky to work. also, don't lose your keys, they are dealer only item @ 128.00 ouch. two recalls cost 775.00 paid by nissan. so far so good. got agreat price 12.5m good value hope i don't have too much mechanical problems

heated seats, sound system, looks great, nice power

accurate fuel mileage mpg readings. mine is 2 mpg poorer that the gauge.shift stick is hard to work

Not Happy!
By Dawn

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 Nissan Altima in June of 2005. September of '05 the fuel pump went out on it and was supposedly fixed and covered under my warranty. My car had to be towed to the dealership. In May of '06, I had a transmission fluid leak which took 4 trips into the dealership for them to find exactly where the leak was. This was also covered under my warranty. Now, 1 1/2 weeks ago, my car failed to start again. Once the dealership checked it out, they stated it was the crank position sensor. This is not covered by my warranty and it's going to cost us $140. I am so unhappy with Nissan and have called the Nissan customer service to request they pay for the problem, they won't return my calls.

Exterior design

In my opinion, everything that makes the car run!