2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Satisfied with Altima
By Cedric on 01/08/06 07:46 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The Nissan Altima has been the best car I've ever purchased. I have the 2.5 engine, but it drives like a V6. When I first test drove the Altima, it took a while for me to get used to the acceleration. This car is powerful and very fun to drive. The fuel efficicency is good, especially in todays high gas prices.

Capable Cruiser
By Roger on 12/05/05 09:13 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had to put the car into the shop once. Outside of routine oil changes the thing runs like a dream. I do notice a little wind noise around the windows, but have had this on every car I've owned. It has excellent interior space and is a pleasure to drive.

Fun to drive
By m1109 on 11/03/05 09:42 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. Since it is my wife's car I don’t get to drive it enough. Excellent highway mileage. I will agree that the interior has a somewhat of a cheap feel to it but if you choose the right color combination you can minimize it. The 3.5 se has way more look and drive that any other car in the price range.

My Favorite Car
By Brenda on 09/22/05 08:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Altima is that pretty sage green color. I can't tell you how many people compliment the car. It acclerates well and has excellent response. The Bose sound system is a must. I can never own another car without a sunroof. You will be spoiled. My only regret is that I did not get ON-Star.

First-time Nissan owner
By swhite on 06/07/05 21:25 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my first Nissan last year after owning a Saturn. The Nissan is MUCH more reliable than the Saturn was. So far, I've only had routine maintenance work done. I feel safe in the Altima.

Smooth Ride
By AMartinez on 03/26/05 13:07 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive car and very smooth on the highway. Tons of room inside especially in the rear seat and a huge trunk. Has enough power to have fun with. Girls love it when I let them drive my car.

2005 Altima 3.5 SE
By nissanman on 03/16/05 22:08 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a Nissan owner for several years. My first Nissan product was an Infiniti G20. Since then I have owned another G20, two Maxima's, and my Altima. I loved my '02 Maxima SE (which I sold to buy my wife her car). I love this Altima. Prior to buying my '02 Maxima, I drove an '02 Altima. I immediately disliked the Altima's interior (cheap). The '05 Altima is a huge improvement. The 3.5 V6 gets outstanding gas mileage, especially given it's intoxicating power, and is very smooth. The ride is comfortable, and the car is quiet. I paid $2K less for my '05 Altima than I did for my '02 Maxima (great value). My next car is going to be another Nissan product, probably an Infiniti G35.

A little Disappointed
By L Sowers on 02/27/05 18:27 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have always been a big fan of a Nissan product. When the new body style of the Altima came out, I just had to have one! I find that my new 2004 Altima, has plenty of interior room, alot of get up and go and a great look...but it lacks on interior quality. Considering these are not cheaply priced cars, there is alot of room for improvement!

Never again!
By element on 11/30/04 02:12 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

V6 engine is a +. Interior has a lot of space. Exterior looks very good to be called an Altima. The parts on and in the car is something else. Got my 2004 Altima in Dec. of 2003 and the o2 sensor wend bad @ 1200 miles after that was the left strut at 6000 miles. Then the right at 6800 miles. Over and over. Never ending. Total times struts were replaced is around 7 times for a 2004 Altima w/ 17800 miles. Now Nissan Service has me going in again for a window molding to be repaired for the 4 time now. Nissan Service, and the Altima. NEVER AGAIN! Tips for the ones thinking about the new Altimas. Don't do it. Check all websites w/ info on the Altimas. Wish me luck w/ my lemon.

Value for the Money over my Honda Accord
By charleybird on 11/13/04 08:13 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased it because I like the body style. I like the drive, comfortable for 4. Good fuel economy.