Used 2004 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Not Too Shabby
By PJ

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car slightly used, and I've only had two minor problems with it, both outside of warranty. First, the radio, which Nissan replaced, rather gave me a gift certificate to Circuit City, which turned out to be a better deal. Second was the CPI, which Nissan fixed at a highly discounted rate. The car has been a true workhorse for me. Multiple trips almost the length of the East Coast and one cross country trip. I've put a little aver 80,000 miles on the car in less than 4 years. Other than the radio and CPI, I have yet to do more than just regular upkeep on the car, and I am very hard on cars. I'd definitely recommend the Altima to a friend, and would definitely buy another.

Favorite Features

Comfort, ergonomics, responsive, fun to drive, over all look of the car.

Nice
By james

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just got this car, it looks nice on the outside, just a little generic. drives smooth, overall a decent car. bought mine used with less than 100k miles on it for about $8000 plus tax. i wanted a Honda but i couldn't find out and was in a hurry to get a car. overall I'm happy with the car. i got the S model, automatic, sedan.

Favorite Features

the feel of driving it is nice, also all the space inside. has a lot of power for a sedan.

Suggested Improvements

the car is almost too big, making it hard to see out the back. too much of the interior is cloth making it look older much faster. the fuel economy could be better.

Durable so far
By Louis Desjardins

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought used with 36,000 miles on it. Well built, feels solid, durable. I drive 30,000 miles per year, mostly highway miles. Brakes were the only ''outstanding glitch"" as the rotors do not seem well built.

Favorite Features

Comfort of ride, fuel economy, durability

Suggested Improvements

Stronger shocks and springs. Better built rotors.

What's going on?
By Pat Clarkin

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2004 2.5 automatic bought 2/2004; 106,000 99% hgwy miles; excellent maintenance; 1 driver only. Within six months of purchase, 1 piston not firing fixed under warranty--told I was LUCKY!); replaced serpentine belt (3 yrs); hesitating 4 1/2 yrs ($1500. to fix); now, oil leaking into engine, told I need a NEW ENGINE! My 3rd Altima, other two (standard, 95 & 98, no problems at all. THIS CAR A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

Favorite Features

I can't even think about that.

Suggested Improvements

Let's get some QUALITY back into what used to be a fantastic car!

Perfect Car
By Nancy

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in highschool when I was 17. I bought it brand new. It has been 5 years & I still have it & still runs like new! The only problems that I did had was twice that the car turned off by itself but that was the time I had received a letter of recalls.... I sent it back twice to get it fixed for the recalls & haven't had any trouble since! Of course I have followed most of the maintenance that states on the manual & until now I have had no trouble at all with my car! My car now has over 100,000 miles & its still running! I am hoping it lasts me another 100,000 miles! It is a reliable, spacious & good looking car! I would not have kept it for so long if it wasn't!

Favorite Features

great on gas!

Suggested Improvements

none