2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
03 Altima SE3.5
By Theman929 on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been the best vehicle I have owned. Could use some minor changes. Hopefully Nissan fixes them in the 2005 refresh.

Worth the cost
By m on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Compared it to the Camry and for value and styling it was the better buy. With the limited amount of miles we have on the car it has performed well.

Best In Class
By John Wilson on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car. It is well designed, good looking and great value for the money. It is big inside and out with a smooth quiet ride and the trunk is huge. The tilt / telescope wheel allow for a very relaxed seating position. There is a lot of aluminum in this car making it the lightest and most responsive in its class. The four cylinder has lots of power, and I can't imagine why anyone would get the six. For only $500 I got a p/seat, security, trip PC, alloy wheels, controls on the steering wheel, remote opens the trunk, doors and both front windows, and a really awesome sound system. Toyota and Honda finally have some real competition!

My First Car
By LeahElizabeth on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the Nissan. It makes me feel so safe because of it's design (did you know it's made from one piece of steel, not many fused together?), and I never have any problems. If it weren't for this car, I wouldn't have been able to avoid a wreck with some stupid teenager. The price is so much lower than the worth, and the value stays high. I love my car, and I know anyone else who buys one will love it to! Also, although I bought the 2.5, I specialized it with everything the 3.5 has, and even wound up saving a little money!

Nissan Not So Happy
By JMH on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

While the car is stylish, the seating is not comfortable for long drives. The 4 cyl has plenty of power for highway passing, and keeping it in 3rd while city driving can be fun. The steering is not responsive, and gives the feeling that you may loose control in tight turns. I am unhappy with the fit and finish of the interior parts. The lack of a hood liner, trunk lid liner, and solid flooring in the trunk make for more road noise in the cabin. Back seat passengers have plenty of room even with the front seats moved back.

fun and rommie at a resonable cost
By tuller on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove may cars (accord, acura,passat) and found this was by far the best car for the dollar. I first drove the 4 cyl. version and really liked it, but then I decided to venture out and try the 6 cyl. version and I fell in love, I had to have it. After 1 month I still cannot be Happier about my decision

massive excellence
By lauraboop on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The power under the hood tranfers to you as the driver and gives you this over whelming sense of one. This car is a car made for the "Gods" and Nissan definately made a car worth reproduction year after year. Very smooth ride with tons of style to spare its passengers.

Just love it
By zoom_zoom on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Own in for about 3 weeks now. Just love it. Fun to drive, very roomy, very good milage(30-33 on highway, 23+ in city), leather is good, Bose audio is awesome. No need to say it's sexiest looking car in that price-range.

lemon
By susan persina on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have had to have this car towed away twice for not starting. I have never been imformed of the recalls either with one being problem starting engine.I am now driving my car around with washable paint on it saying this car is a lemon and it has many recalls on it. Since they would not trade this car back for me I will continue driving it the way it is. It gets parked 5 days a week in Trump Taj Mahal parking garage where everyone can see it also plus the 45 minute drive to work everyone notices me. Until I get some satisfaction I will be driving around like this. Who would think having a brand new car and it not starting.

Incredible
By wmyers on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Speed, Comfort, and Reliability (if past years are proof), I love this car.