Used 2004 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Classy and Elegant, Great Gas Car
By Mary D

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Nissan Xterra and loved it. However the gas mileage was not what I expected. Having to fill up every week for gas. So I traded it for a new 2005 Altima. What a classy, elegant car that is like driving a cloud. Smooth ride, great interior. Roomy with lots of head and leg room for all. A tank of gas now lasts me 2 weeks instead of one. I have gotten so many compliments on this car. (Mystic Emerald color) Have been a Ford driver, but am now a SOLD Nissan fan.

Suggested Improvements

Too limited to colors, need more variants to choose from.

Wonderful Car!
By Sandra L.

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I can't say enough about this car. It's such a pleasure to drive. The ride really amazed me. The engine is so smooth also.Compared to my last car a 2001 Altima. I haven't had any problems to speak of with this car. Also that this car doesn't have to have a tune up for 110,000 miles was a real selling point. Just a all around great car. Go get one.;)

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, Handling, Comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

The interior is a little cheap. But they changed it all for 2005. Better cup holders they changed those also for 2005.

Nissan Ultima
By jim fillman

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This model continues to reinforce my confidence in Nissan products. After 19,000 miles now I have only had it back to the dealer for oil changes and a tire rotation. The car is wonderful to drive, very compfortable, sexy and beautiful...I love it...

Favorite Features

The vehicle's look and comfort...

Suggested Improvements

Only suggestion would be for quicker heat and air conditioning response...It's slow in that area...

Silver Bullet!
By LiquidSilver

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my eye on the Altima and took the opportunity to buy one of my own when my '99 Ford with less than 80K miles needed a new engine! I love this car, it is beautiful and fun to drive. Very smooth shifting and ride. Very low road noise. I wanted an '05 but got a much better interest rate on the '04, and I don't regret my decision. No more American junk for me!

Favorite Features

Beautiful exterior looks like a much more expensive car. Toyotas and Hondas are just blah compared. My Liquid Silver (new color) car looks great! Lots of features for a great price.

Suggested Improvements

The interior could be improved upon with better materials. The '05 does have an improved interior.

The Altima is th best!
By Joya Blackstock

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed this car so much. It has so much power. On the highway you don't even realize how fast you are going!

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the tail lights and the room front passenger seat. You don't feel like you are sitting on top of anyone else.