Used 2004 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

my altima
By charles jacobsen

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

car has outstanding power, good handling, and decent fuel mileage,interior could use more style, but bucket seats are very comfortable and supportive. best car i have owned in years!

Favorite Features

has full fold down rear seat, lots of storage space, decent trunk.

Suggested Improvements

upgrade interior materials and style.

Fun to drive
By m1109

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. Since it is my wife's car I donít get to drive it enough. Excellent highway mileage. I will agree that the interior has a somewhat of a cheap feel to it but if you choose the right color combination you can minimize it. The 3.5 se has way more look and drive that any other car in the price range.

Favorite Features

The look from behind on the 3.5 se with the dual exhastis really hot. The horepower is awesome as well.

Suggested Improvements

less plastic on the interior, glare on the stereo, interior noise.

2005 Altima 3.5 SE
By nissanman

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a Nissan owner for several years. My first Nissan product was an Infiniti G20. Since then I have owned another G20, two Maxima's, and my Altima. I loved my '02 Maxima SE (which I sold to buy my wife her car). I love this Altima. Prior to buying my '02 Maxima, I drove an '02 Altima. I immediately disliked the Altima's interior (cheap). The '05 Altima is a huge improvement. The 3.5 V6 gets outstanding gas mileage, especially given it's intoxicating power, and is very smooth. The ride is comfortable, and the car is quiet. I paid $2K less for my '05 Altima than I did for my '02 Maxima (great value). My next car is going to be another Nissan product, probably an Infiniti G35.

Favorite Features

3.5 V6, Bose Audio, quality, styling, ride, comfort, steering wheel audio controls (very well done), Xenon headlights. This car is way under- rated by car experts!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Exterior rear view mirrors don't fold (can be broken off)

The Nissan Family
By ADP37

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Love this car. This is my third Nissan (simply because I love cars ) My mother has the Quest and My father has the Murano. They are the best car, they never breakdown, the Engines last forever, and it is excellent on gas, plus the ride is smooth

Favorite Features

All the options , the comfort, and efficiency

Suggested Improvements

add more color options

FUN SEDAN
By SMILIN TOM

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

MINE IS A 2005 THE FIRST SOLD IN KERN COUNTY CA. IT IS A BLAST TO DRIVE. THE ONLY DOWN SIDE IS THE CLOCK IS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE DUE TO PLACEMENT ANGLE. THE POWER IS FANTASTIC IT IS JUST FUN TO DRIVE. OURS IS BURNISHED PEWTER AND A BEARTY. THANKS BUY ONE NOT THE FOUR BUY THE SIX BANGER CAUSE IT DOES BANG.

Favorite Features

POWER PUNCH AND EXTERIOR LOOK.

Suggested Improvements

CLOCK PLACEMENT NOT READABLE SLANT REFLECTS LIGHT ON CLOCK FACE WEAR A WATCH IS REMEDY.