Used 2004 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews - 178 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Ok First Car
By Kimberly

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was my first car and I fell In love with it right away. I bought it from a buy here pay here 100k on the dot an had it for two yrs. The first yr of owning it It was a great car no problems. I loved the speed of the car an the way it drives real smooth. When I first bought it the sunroof quit working properly but it was an after market an was put in from a previous owner I never bothered with it after I just didn't touch it. But my second year of owning the car I started having problems first thing was my head lights went out an only way to change them is getting either a detailer or Nissan to get inside an change it which would of cost some money but luckily my father in law changed it an all I had to pay for was the bulb itself. Next the alternator went out and I decided to put a used one in by my grandfather. I had to replace the battery TWICE and my gpa couldn't figure out why it constantly needed a new battery. Then two sensors went out and cost me a little.. Then shortly after that my radiator had busted while I was driving and after 100$ of replacing that we figured out the head gasket blew. I was officially over the car an sold it 2015. Overall maintenance wise I won't even lie with this being my first car I didn't keep up with oil changes to good not sure if that had anything to play with anything that came from but this car is a much older car look for something at least 06 or 07 an up with less than 100000 miles. I won't talk bad about Nissan and I still love Altimas but maintaince is a big key to a great car the way you treat your car is how great it will be I believe. But I have read similarities on here so wouldn't recommend the year of this car

Great first starter car!
By Hailey Adamson

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got this car when I turned 16 and I have had this car for 6 years now. I got it will 100,000 miles on it and I'm up to 168,000 miles on it and it has run so smooth! I only bring it into the dealership to get routine checkups and once I had to take it in because my engine was rattling which was due to a loose part, which I guess is a frequent problem with this car. It was a 200 dollar repair and thats the only issue I've had on it!

No happy with it car
By Cesar

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for 2 years and I have so much problems with it. I wish i had never bought this car

185K and going strong
By deanriley

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After 185,000 miles, this car still runs and rides like new. The 2.5 L, 4 sp automatic has plenty of pep and delivers an average of 27 mpg for this daily commuter. The ride is smooth and handling is above average. There is plenty of head and leg room front and back, the seats are comfortable, and the Bose sound system is fantastic. Maintenance has been minimal, replacing the front right wheel bearing at 90K, crankshaft position sensor at 102K, upper motor mount and idler pulley at 135K and rear wheel bearings at 175K. The road noise is the only thing that I can say bad about this car. This car has given us great service.

DO NOT BUY!!
By johna_tigner94

2004 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have nothing but trouble since buying this car. I am only getting about 18 miles to the gallon. I drive only back and forth to school (15 min from home) and I go through $80.00 a week in gas. Nobody can figure out what is wrong with it. My alignment goes out a week after getting it fixed, it makes weird noises going over bumps. When I shut off my car after drving it smells like sulfur. The steering wheel shakes on a regular basis. This is a car that is just going to nickle and dime you to death.
DO NOT BUY! It is a waste of moneyyy!!

The only thing good about this car is the sound system.