2004 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Death Trap
By Altima_Death_Trap on 05/22/09 20:33 PM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Don't buy this or any other Nissan. Nissan is not standing behind it's product and charging for repairs on a recall. My car stalls and Nissan knows why but refuses to fix their faulty product. Cam and crank sensor need to be replaced or your car will stall. Nissan refuses to fix this at their cost stating that it reprogramming the ECM fixes this. Well it does not and they know it. I am never buying a Nissan again and I suggest that you don't either....unless... you have a death wish. FYI it stall on turns. No ABS, power brakes, power steering and all that good stuff that you need to control your car.

Disappointment compared to 1994 Altima
By nissandriver9408 on 02/26/08 14:07 PM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in new 2004, after driving a 1994 Altima into the ground and loving every mile. This car has cost me quite a bit in maintenance (religious about that) and repairs, and I have a clutch waiting to go (drove 250K miles on last clutch so don't blame the driver). The interior is chintzy, the cup holder broke just out of warranty and will cost a mint to fix, the glove compartment barely opens, the list goes on with inconveniences. I will keep this car until it dies because it is relatively fun to drive & somewhat reliable. Yet, compared to the 1994 Altima it is a disappointment... the pretty boy of Altimas. Nissan cheaped on value to deliver a good looking car.

Worst Car
By Otis Lee Singleton on 03/28/07 06:50 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

The only good experience with this car is when I first bought It. The Keys Deactivated with no one at Nissan able to tell me why but charged to reset them. The exhaust manifold cracked and had to be replaced which they did but not before engine developed a valve noise that they would not help. The driverside window motor went out. The sunroof opens and closes on it's own. The interior is cheaply built, the visors and cup holders have broken or screws are falling out. Exhaust donut gasket went out. With all these problems along with a couple factory recalls led me to never to want another Nissan because even contacting Corporate they would not help.

Not Happy!
By Dawn on 10/24/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2004 Nissan Altima in June of 2005. September of '05 the fuel pump went out on it and was supposedly fixed and covered under my warranty. My car had to be towed to the dealership. In May of '06, I had a transmission fluid leak which took 4 trips into the dealership for them to find exactly where the leak was. This was also covered under my warranty. Now, 1 1/2 weeks ago, my car failed to start again. Once the dealership checked it out, they stated it was the crank position sensor. This is not covered by my warranty and it's going to cost us $140. I am so unhappy with Nissan and have called the Nissan customer service to request they pay for the problem, they won't return my calls.

40,000 Lemon
By TonyM on 06/19/06 09:25 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was a great car 'til it hit 40,000 miles. Now I have problems that the dealer can't fix. The car shakes and vibrates then kills. The check engine light comes on. The dealer checked the computer and changes sensors at $250 a pop and the car runs good for a day than the problems start over. This is my first and last Nissan!!!!!!

improve interior
By bad interior on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Car looks great however too much invested in exterior and the interior leaves alot to be desired. Car is too noisey in the inside and the seat was poor quality. I ended up selling car back to dealership as a result of the seat.

Great
By Nicky Rogers on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I love my new car but gas is to high now.

I Love Mine!
By tly3050 on 04/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

As soon as Nissan redesigned the Altima, I knew I had to have one. I love the interior space. Low grade parts on the interior are a little frustrating. I DO plan to trade up for a new 2005 model and I will probably never own another brand of car!

excellent
By shannon leffingwell on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

i love my car. i have only had it for two months, but i put alot of miles on it going to and from work. it is a very smooth ride and i love the look of the car, especially with the sunroof add on.

its nice for a 4 door..
By Kristin Nelson on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first 4 door car, and so far i have no complaints, its fast and peppy, lots of room. great gas milage.