2003 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Sporty & Responsive

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

3.5 SE Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Sporty & Responsive
By kegradtech on

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd Nissan Altima I've owned. I've also had a 2001 GXE Limited Edition (the last year of the old body & engine style) and a 1999 SE Limited Edition. I love the throaty engine noise under heavy acceleration, balanced with a very quiet response under normal driving conditions. The body styling is second to none in its class and I feel you have to upgrade to luxury vehicles to get better body styling than the Altima. My only complaints about it are the front brakes which seem to warp too easily (the same happened in my 2001, but no problems with this in my 1999 model.) I have had to upgrade to slotted rotors to keep this from recurring and I don't even heavily brake the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Roughly 250-ish horsepower in the V6. Great styling on the exterior. Power up AND down driver and passenger windows. Orange guage cluster is well designed and looks sharp (though blue would be better). 8-way adjustable driver's seat with lumbar roll.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the front brake rotors or make slotted front rotors standard. The steering wheel buttons for radio and cruise control should be backlit. The cup holder liner is designed with holes so all spills go through to bottom. Too much cheap plastic in center console latches (they break too easily).