2003 Nissan Altima 3.5L V6 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Somewhat disappointed

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

3.5 SE Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Manual)

Somewhat disappointed
By Daniel in Florida on

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've driven this car for 2 years. Plenty of power, very pretty car to look at from outside, feels pretty plush inside. Corners well. But unfortunately I have had a spat of maintenance problems. I've had to go to the service 4 times in the last 6 months, for a total of $2500, for various things the car computer reports. Had to replace the A/C compressor at 80K and 4 years of age, but that seems too soon. I was faithful to Nissan having had a new Sentra for 10 years, a used Maxima for 7, both performed well and required minor maintenance. But this last one has left sour taste, and I will now try another brand. I think the 3.5 motor in Altima frame is part of problem.

Favorite Features

Looks beautiful from outside, very pretty car. Corners well. Powerful most of the time, except when you don't step on pedal just right.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius stinks. And just too many maintenance problems lately. Maybe it's just my particular car. But planning on trading it in for another car, from another brand.