DONT BE FOOLED WITH THIS LEMON MODEL
By Sara on
2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased this car 5 years ago, paid top dollar for the one year old car. It had all the options on it I was looking for as well as lots of room. This car has had several recalls, all of which have been repaired. However 2 years ago MAJOR probs started when my heat went out. Nissan had NO idea how to fix it. Then just this month my catalytic converted exploded, I replaced and a week later with more probs told it was TOTAL ENGINE FAILURE. At 130,000 highly maintained miles this should not be expected from a Nissan. But the Nissan reps I have spoken to, have said it was old and not surprising. I expected more out of a $24,000 car. I have driven Hondas much more. Will never buy another Nissan.
Favorite Features
The space, the luxury options. It has always driven good until the whole system failed.
Suggested Improvements
Headlamps overhead, burn out and burn the plastic lamp coverings. The plastic catalytic converter gives out early and with the heat it causes an explosion and engine failure. And for Nissan to find out why hundreds of customers deal with the heat going out around 100,000 miles.