2003 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Every Manufacturer Has Their B

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 S Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Every Manufacturer Has Their Bad Day
By quasibozo on

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 2003 Altima, had a number of issues. Excessive oil use, random start up problems top of the list. The crankshaft position sensor a major player but not the sole solution. Dollar for dollar, amount of money I spent on it I'd probably have spent on an American make that wouldn't have given me the same mileage. That 2003 was the fifth Nissan I purchased new. My philosophy, 200,000 miles or ten years, which ever comes first. I never made ten years before a new one. I took best care of this Altima than all the other Nissans I owned and it gave me the worst repair record. I don't understand why the whole fleet wasn't recalled for repair. Buying my sixth new Nissan since 1973, a "2011 Rogue".

Sophisticated looking, comfortable to drive, responsive, Excellent sounding stock audio, decent mileage, Excellent visibility! Large trunk. Good safety record. Excellent seating room.

A little late for this, but the whole situation that has brought on a bad reputation: Crankshaft Position Sensor placement, motor mounts, larger radiator, oil consumption, all other recall issues, better road noise dampening.