still a great car
By matthew on
2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
Last report 5-6-08 see Great Highway Car. Still a great car. Holding up decently. Now have 77k miles. My first problem, started to stumble when on highway. Felt like misfire. Checked spark plugs, found #3 did not look good. Replaced all spark plugs and #3 coil pack. Now car is great again. I still get about 27 mph with spirited driving. I run Mobile 1 synthetic oil every 5-6000 miles, does not use a drop of oil. Maintenance easy. A Durango ran me off the road in Dec on snowy road and I ran up a curb. Had to get two new tires but everything else ok. Typical strut clunk but ride not affected so i'll wait to replace. Overall has been an enjoyable reliable and comfortable car on long trips.
Favorite Features
NDSS sound system, Great seats, great overall driving experience. Fuel economy decent. great visibility all around, good power for 2.5L, snow traction is good, decently equipped for the base model S, good looking car
Suggested Improvements
Rides slightly harsh, interior a little cheap, Paint should be thicker and less resistant to chipping. I hated the rusted steel wheels so I spray painted black (i see alot of them with rusted steel wheels) and that darn fuel door needs to be replaced (also common) but overall a great car.