My 2003 Nissan Altima
By dgzlz on
2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I just felt the need to give special props to my 2003 Nissan Altima that is not at (372 THOUSAND MILES) yes I had to spell it out so no one would think it was a typo. She needs a new catalytic converter, but other than that she is still the greatest money maker I have every had. I drive 172 miles a day, 5 days a week. I have tried reading online to see if anyone else was running with this many miles, but it saddens me to see some have not been as lucky. A mechanic not long ago told me mine car must have came off the line on a Wednesday. I tried looking that up with no sucess.
Favorite Features
I have always love the get up ago that this 4cylinder had to offer. The salesman never lied about the get up and go. He said I didn't have to get the V6 just to get it.
Suggested Improvements
What can I say, obviously I love my car I have had it for 10 years and have driven it 372,000 miles. I have one of the best that they rolled out. I would love to know well they are building them in 2013.
By auto_tech10
on 04/30/13 11:16 AM (PDT)

"came off the line on a Wednesday" is an old joke about certain cars lasting a really long time with little to no problems. It refers to the way people are always grumpy on Mondays, therefore not putting forth their best work, Tuesdays are better. Wednesday you're finally in WORK MODE and do your best. Thursday you cant concentrate because its almost Friday, so the quality of work suffers, and obviously Friday everyone if cutting corners to get outa there fast! Congrats on the stellar miles! keep an eye out for those Wednesday cars!