2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Love my Car!!
By Toya on 03/02/06 12:08 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Altima is a WONDERFUL car to drive and own. After having a Mazda Milliana which was a HORRIBLE car, the Altima is a charm!!!! Best car I have ever owned

Great Car! I Love It!
By RDG on 02/16/06 20:10 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This interior of this car has lots of room. This car is fast. Dependable. Exterior design is great. Factory system is great.

Answer to the Noisy Comments
By Ryan on 02/15/06 16:53 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I too really thought the road noise was too much. I also really disliked the traction on wet or snow covered roads. I finally bought new tires at 30,000 miles, and the noise and traction issues went away. The OEM Continental tires are poorly designed and are the root cause of the problem. The Good Year TripleTred tires I put on make the car quiet on the interstate and give me an incredibly secure feeling around corners.

2003 Altima
By NISSAN on 02/12/06 02:10 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

driving the car is fun, but i made the mistake of putting on Goodyear Gts on. In IL. it does not handle in snow very well and by the reviews it said good things about handling the snow and rain.Other than that its a blast to drive.

Not a bad car
By Dave on 01/12/06 11:54 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I owned a 2003 altima but recently sold it. My experience with this car has been great! I priced and researched every car in its class and I have to say its a great choice. The 3.5L kicks butt! I only had minor issues like a knocking noice coming from the column between the driver’s side window and the windshield. I also experienced a lot of wear-and-tear on the tires and filters with minimal mileage on the car. Overall this is a great car for the money. I recommend it to anyone looking for a sedan with style and plenty of guts for the open road.

After 36,000 miles, watch out!
By David F. on 01/01/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

The first year with this vehicle was great. It ran well, acceleration was effortless, and it was somewhat comfortable. At about 10,000 miles the engine began to accelerate sluggishly. Now at 37,000 miles the car now has an annoying loud metallic rattle under the hood everytime the car is accelerated or shifts gear. The dealer has attempted to repair this 5 times. Also, the right front strut failed, costing over $700 in repairs at 37,000 miles. The engine is beginning to sound like it has valve (ticking sound under hood) problems, and it also now has a service engine soon indicator on with emission system codes. I am not impressed with this vehicle. I will not purchase a Nissan again.

one of 3 best cars for money
By theodore popee on 12/30/05 00:12 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

this car has more bells and standard features than accord or camry. best buy for a 4cy lots of room in rear seat and trunk

Indifferent
By JW on 12/28/05 13:34 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Deep down, I do like my car. However, at 30,000 +/- miles, both front and rear brakes needed replacing. I've had a flap fall off the underside of the car because the bolt holding it in just fell out. Does not do well with cold weather starts, nor with any sort of snow build-up in wheel wells. Car is not designed well for a cold- weather environment. (Handles alright in the snow/slush with the right tires) Conversely, I love to drive it in the summer, it zips right along, fun to drive, looks great rolling down the road. Just wish it got better mileage, and was a better winter car.

Didn't want it but glad I got it.
By Brandon Jones on 12/20/05 04:13 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my car for 3 years and drive heavily, around 24,000 mi/yr. I haven't had any problems with it other than changing a blown bulb. I have about 85000 mi on my vehicle now. This model is roomy, drives well, and is pretty good on gas considering its a family sedan. The interior controls are plain to me. If I didnt drive such long distances to work I would probably keep it. $3 a gallon even with average gas mi. can sting. Overall a solid purchase!

Two years and still happy
By Tom on 12/05/05 14:15 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Just passed my two year point with my '03 Altima and I'm still happy. Slightly bored with it, but overall it has been very reliable (except for a "flowing water" sound in the dash when I first got it - which was fixed by the dealer replacing the radiator), it's pretty fun to drive I guess (except for it's hesitancy to downshift and absence of power at low RPM's). Would stay with Nissan when the lease is up if the reviews on the Maxima weren't so upsetting!