2003 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews 7

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Wooooo Hooooo!
By frata on 11/13/06 16:31 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my '03 3.5SE brand new. I knew I was going to buy it as soon as I turned the key and heard that "vroom!" I have put 83,000 miles on it in 3 years and have not had a single mechanical problem. My check engine light came on one time but just because I left the fuel-cap door open, it was very expensive to have the computer re-set. The plastic latch on the center console broke three times, minor nuisance. At idle it sounds like a Jetta but when you get it over 4,500 RPM the sound is knee weakening. Over-all an extremely reliable car. I would recommend this to anyone. I just saw the re-designed 2007 model and am planning on trading this one in soon.

Good car
By RICH on 10/15/06 21:59 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Had no issues with mine except like alot of other people, had to change the front rotors. Other than that and new tires, no problems

Love/ Hate Relationship
By keb on 09/07/06 09:03 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been a Nissan fan since I can remember. However, I am sad to say that this is my last Nissan. I have had nothing but problems with this 03 Altima. I must admit that it is fun and peppy to drive (manual) but that is where it ends. I have had numerous issues with it starting in all types of weather. It has been in the shop 7 times for this issue. Also, the entire sub-frame corroded and had to be replaced. There has been all sorts of loose bolt noises ever since. Let's not forget the "rocking seat," constant squeaks, rattles and shimmy. There's lots of outside noise (even with new tires). I just don't feel safe driving it. Finally, it's extremely easy to be broken into. Hope this helps!

repeat excellence
By ecb on 08/05/06 16:14 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

very comfortable leather seats-- car fits like a glove. fast pick up. excellent steering amazing trunk size

Through thick and thin
By BX on 07/14/06 16:47 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I have been hit twice by other negligent drivers and my Altima has kept me safe each time with little damage while the drivers at fault suffered major damages. This only confirms to me that my Altima is a tough cookie. I have been complaining about all of the cosmetic things such as boring interior and basic sound system. However, I have realized now that safety is more important! One downfall would be that I'm a petite person and the head rest and seat is not really comfortable for someone short like me. Other than this, my Altima is a gem. It rides smoothly, has good pickup, pretty decent gas mileage, and has a great design. Thank you Nissan!

I love my altima!
By girliegirlaltima on 07/11/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I was reading all the reveiws everyone had left about the altima and well i still cant change my mind about the car..I LOVE IT!! Even though since i bought the car about a couple of months ago i have been hearing noises coming from the brakes and the seat. It's funny someone else mentions that. But i still love my altima!

I Would Have Gone With the Honda Accord
By YSSMAN on 05/21/06 20:55 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This was the second Altima we had in our family, the first being a '96. I'm glad I was not the one who bought the car, because I hated it. Simply put, the interior of the car is one of the worst I have seen in a long time, far worse than any interior you have seen in a GM product. Sure, it was purchased on a great deal, but the combination of mouse-fur seats and Tupperware plastics was a huge letdown. Too bad the car didn't have a manual transmission, as I'm sure it would have been fun to drive with some involvement. Still, I'm glad I didn't spend the money on the car...

Ok decision
By cathy on 05/10/06 13:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03 Altima new and have enjoyed it except for the brake issues. Lots of squealing when applying the brakes. Got front pads replaced already but still squealing. Now getting back pads looked at. Pads appeared to still have plenty of wear left on them. Also had shimmy at approx 60 mph. Once rotors were turned when new brake pads were installed, shimmy stopped. Squeaks in drivers seat. Dealer cannot seem to locate or hear it. Service mgr said it's because we have some bumpy roads & car not designed for that. I don't buy that! Had a 1991 Sentra that never had any of these issues even with 200K miles on it.

A Great Car
By ted on 04/28/06 11:54 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Had my '03 Altima 2.5SL for three years. Excellent mechanical engineering, no fit or engine problems. Comfort for driver and passengers. Instrument panel could have better materials. Poor placing of heated seat buttons and hazard button. Radio with six-CD changer is fabulous

2003 Altima
By Judy on 03/18/06 03:42 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I was recently in a head-on with this vehicle. We walked away with barely a scratch. The car was totaled. People seeing pictures are amazed we were not hurt or killed. Cannot say enough about the car except that I am buying another (2006)