2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
dont buy black
By eriktodd on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car.....but I ahve owned other black cars and not had near the problem I am having with this car. I think it is a pretty cheap paint....I know it looks great clean but with this paint it is impossible to get rid of water spots!

Patience is a virtue
By a25ret on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I looked for two months for the right car. I narrowed it down to the Altima 2.5S, Camry LE and the Sonata LE (fully loaded).Each car has advantages.I finally made the decision to buy the Altima and I am extemely happy. I got it for a few hundred under invoice. The Camry was to plain and I just could not flush my money on the Hyundai. The Altima is large, powerful, roomy, plenty of power features, and lots of storage space. The 175hp 4cyl is responsive and the gas mileage is good. I have never been happier with a new car purchase. The color is polished pewter. I highly recommend the Nissan Altime for looks, power and quality.

Fun Car Always Gets Head Turns
By DNAMan on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car for ten months now. Only two minor problems, both elctrical connections. This 4 cylinder engine does pack power. I still get people asking me how I customized it, I tell them I just bought it off the lot! There is some road noise (much more than the 3 Toyota's I've had) especially on concrete but I can live with it.

Sweet ride!
By Platinum on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car has power. I love the the way it handles. The car even seems to have the same power with the air conditioner at full blast in the middle of the summer. The ride is nice, even with the standard 17" in wheels on the 3.5 SE. The trunk is very spacy and the inside of the car has tons of rear passenger room. The car has yet to have any problems, it was driven off the lot with 8 miles on it and hasn't skipped a beat yet at roughly 900 miles. Overall, I like the smooth ride, the slick look and the overall power/feel for the car. I am entirely satisfied and give the car my top recommendation.

Have Fun!
By Hanna on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

A lot of power and fun in for a resonable amont of dollars..

best
By billlotida on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

overall a nicely designed and built car, that can take on the best Toyota or Honda can throw at it.

I'm so happy, I could plotz!
By webdiva1269 on 10/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just picked this up yesterday, and have already put close to 200 miles on it. This is absolutely the most fun car I have ever owned!! I am the mom of a 3 year old, and it fits an adult and 2 car seats in the back, as well as me (5'8") and my brother (6'4") in the front. Factory stereo is good quality- no Bose, but a nice sounding system, and the crystal blue paint with the side sills and splash guards gives this car a distincly not-your-average kindermusik mom look!!

Great Car
By ZCT on 10/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've only had the car for a week, but I've driven over 1000 miles already. The Altima is an excellent car. For the money I think it is best in its class. I would recommend one strongly.

Oh, You Gotta Love It
By grieman on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been raised to love Hondas, but once I sat in the Nissan and took it for a spin, I knew I was now a Nissan man. I love this car. It's quiet, it's beautiful, it's comfortable. I could not be happier with the purchase.

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
By NESOP276 on 10/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

175 ponies in a 4cyl engine has some nice get-up-and- go. Traded a 2000 VW Golf GTI GLX VR6 on this car. My VW was a V6 and had 2hp less. My new Altima is a great automatic car for fun to drive value and I thought my VW was fun... it was a manual tranny too which I thought I'd miss but don't so far. The gated shifter in the Altima is a nice styling touch but takes a little to get used to. The 2003 model adds wood trim to the SL model and they didn't over do it. Just enough to add more style. The Bose 6 disc in dash stereo has great sound, lots of bass too. Impressive!