2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Review: Nissan Altima 2.5S
By Tim Daly on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

When test driving this car, my wife and I should have really paid attention to the interior layout and design. We bought the car because we thought it was the best looking car. Overall the car handles poorly and the rear suspension makes a lot of noise. Also, we have a lot of trouble backing. The general design gives you absolutely no visibilty out of the rear window. You can't see anything. The side mirrors are small and have blind spots. Also, the engine is a little loud and raspy. If we had the chance to start over we would have purchased something else. We shouldn't have limited ourselves to exterior looks only!

Fun to drive
By hu_guy on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This 2.5L engine feels more like a v6. Nice comfortable ride. Seat design rules.

Extremely Satisfied
By New Black SE on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a former Neon owner so this was a huge step up for me from what I was used to. I have less than 100 miles on it so I can only speak from limited experience. All 10's except for 2 9's: 1) Fun to Drive- very fun but I am extremely cascious being new to all this horsepower. 2)Fuel Economy- good gas mileage but shouldn't of made it require premium.

Solid performer
By fastalt on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Altima 3.5SE is a solid performer. It's great fun to drive and fast as a shot. It handles great and has plenty of interior room. The exterior styling is hard to beat and much nicer than any of it's competition.

Great Car!!!
By whampa65 on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great Car!!! Love this car!! I've had it a little over a month and this car is a blast to drive. Hope to own this car for a very long time.

altima
By Sarkis Aleksanian on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

i love this car....

Great new car
By JLeTourneau on 10/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the interior of the vehicle. It is roomy and is very comfortable. It is a smooth ride.

Former Camry Driver
By Former Camry Driver on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Having just traded in my 1998 Camry LE, I'm quite pleased so far with the Altima 2.5 S. It drives smoothly and picks up speed very quickly. It was also more advantageous to purchase the S model and add leather from a source outside of the factory installed leather.

I own a yugo with a nissan sticker on it
By Paul Shotwell on 10/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this nissan hoping to step up in class from my ford escort, only to find numerous problems, including, transmission slippage, caused by gear ratio setup not correct. In the suspension system, I noticed extreme dampening during braking intervals on hills. My microfilter worked terribly. I would say I loved the gas mileage. Some would say 12 mph for the highway might not be acceptable, but after experiencing this car, I was just thrilled it was able to make it to a gas station. Never again will I buy a Yugo..oops I mean Nissan

dont buy black
By eriktodd on 10/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this car.....but I ahve owned other black cars and not had near the problem I am having with this car. I think it is a pretty cheap paint....I know it looks great clean but with this paint it is impossible to get rid of water spots!