Used 2003 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Great all around sedan
By David

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Altima 2.5S since early '08 with 120k and have driven it to 150k with only minor repairs which I don't think people realize of course are to be expected. Over 2 years; cam/crank sensors, ignition coil and computer reflash. Relatively cheap dealer cost too. This car is gorgeous outside great paint quality and you can really feel the build quality in this car. The door close solidly with a satisfying clunk, moonroof is great, tons of room front and back (saying a lot coming from a 6'6" guy) 4cy engine has a lot of pep, and very comfortable ride. Keep it clean and tasteful and this is a very sleek professional looking saloon. It has never let me down.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel stereo/cruise controls, sunroof moonroof, exterior styling, durable shiny paint, great for tall drivers

Suggested Improvements

long turning radius, front speakers are a little weak

Nissan hate is easy!
By Nissan hate is easy

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drove my Nissan to 50k it stopped running. Took it to dealer, fixed under recall then the real problems. But the damage had already happened! Started to over heat, burning oil. Burned up my catalytic converter, cylinder failed! Need a new engine! It has a lot of recalls on it! I'm going to drive on 3 cylinders to have them done! Don't buy a Nissan! Ever!

Favorite Features

Nothing!

Suggested Improvements

Replace my motor Nissan!

Nissan Awful
By MrsLewis06

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 2008 with 81,000 miles on it. I knew it was a lot but i just loved the car so much i didn't care.The check engine light was on and they said they would fix it but never did. Since then i have had to replace 2 coils, the crank sensor, the catalytic converter and now it needs a whole new engine. I will never buy another Nissan and i wouldn't advise anyone else to either.

Favorite Features

the color and body style and room is the only things i like about this car.

Suggested Improvements

build a car that's not a complete piece of crap.

nissan 3,5 altima all purpose
By eight ball champ

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i've had my car for seven years now and no problems at all ,people that dont like the interior must be really spoiled mine has leather and bose sterio and it is just great I had acura TL and it wasnt as nice as my altima , the power is great especially when your already going thirty to Sixty MHP it gets up and goes .

Favorite Features

the 3.5 V6 is a smooth customer and very comfortable. remember if you want a mercedes you have to pay for a mercedes, this is a twenty eight thousand dollar car that is on the top of the food chain

Great Car All the Way Around
By Raymond

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Altima because my 1989 Altima was on it's last legs at 190000 miles. It was a great car and my newer one is even better. We do not take car of our vehicles as we should with constant maintenance but they have kept performing anyhow.

Favorite Features

The 3.5L V6 engine is the best. This thing gets up and goes when you need it too. It also has outstanding breaks.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to get less road noise. You can hear a lot from outside the car. But, I still highly recommend it.