Used 2003 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Love my Altima
By From CT

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my 2003 Altima! I have over 20000 miles on it and have only owned it one year. I enjoy driving it and have received many compliments on my vehicle. I have even helped 3 people I know decide to buy one. Fun car for a good price!

Body style, interior space, and comfort. I love my moon roof although I do notice a rattling sound from it every so often.

Improve the seat fabric it picks up everything and is very hard to vacccum. Determine why moon roof occasionally rattles and fix.

NICE CAR
By wayne

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

VERY HANDSOME AUTOMOBILE. VERY ROOMY INTERIOR AND VERY COMFORTABLE. THE 2.5 LITER ENGINE HAS MORE THAN ENOUGH POWER. THE RIDE IS VERY SMOOTH AND QUIET.HAS MANY NICE ELECTRICAL FEATURES. I RECOMMEND IT.

Disappointed!!!!
By pbattle

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought a new Altima (4 miles)in Mar 03. In June, the car would not start. The dealership sent a tow truck to pick up the car. The tow truck guy told us that we had to press on the gas while trying to start the car. He did this for 5 minutes and the car started. The dealership tells me that the keys lost their programming and thus the car could not possibly start w/o being reprogrammed. Nissan is full of crap. If the keys were the problem then the car should have never started. Anyway, the car couldn't start again in October. Nissan was not as accomodating this time, so I am getting rid of my Altima and never again will I buy a vehicle from Nissan.

Body Design

Build Quality and Reliability

Love My 2003 Altima
By LoveTheAltima

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I must say I have only had this car for a week but I really like it. I am a little concerned by all the "issues" I have read about like the MAF sensor going bad, and I have already experienced the warm air coming thru the vent even when on the coolest settings, but I must say I still love this car. There are some kinks still but the styling and the performance with fuel economy have sold me. As long as I dont get stranded or have any major repair bills I consider this the best car I have purchased to date. Time will tell.

Exterior styling, performance, and fuel economy is why I bought this car.

Fix warm air venting, MAF sensor, short trip no start where you can only start the car in neutral, restrictive airdam, cheap plastic interior, oddly shaped steering wheel that hurts your hands after short trips, orange lighting gauges (make it a pleasant color) and cheap paint

Get one!
By Jimmy Buffett

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very nice car for the money. I looked at the Saab 9-5, and the Toyota Solara and this is a better car for less money.The car looks great and is solid. You will get looks in this ride. The optional side sills are a nice touch.

Bose stereo, leather seats, interior room.

Sunroof...hard to tell when its closed tight.

• SUV