2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Excellent Sports Sedan
By ___WORM on 11/18/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE in a manual. The car is is jet black on the outside and charcoal inside. This is the best car both sedan or sports car that I have ever owned. It handles like a dream and is extremely fast. The 5 speed manual shifter is very smooth and is very fun to drive. Interior space is very spacious with lots of nice storage compartments including two huge copholders in the front as well as in the back and with a huge trunk. Drove a new Camry and Accord and discovered that if you really love cars and want a sharp looking car that really stands out and is fun to drive than get the Altima otherwise get something else.

nice car, needs to be smoothed out
By Aboy on 11/16/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great performance, beautiful styling, but still a little rough around the edges. Accelerator is a bit jumpy< and we had a few minor problems with wind noise on the highway and trunk release> rear shocks are squeaky> all in all however< a fun car>

Better than a Ford Explorer...
By Rowdy on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2003 model. I've had this car since Sept. 2003 and love it. Handles extemely well, plenty of power. The styling is sharp.

Altima 2.5 SL
By Afi on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We spend about 1 month looking for a new car. At the end, our choices were Altima and VW Passat. Both Altima and Passat has the same performance (horsepower,legroom,etc). However, Altima is better looking than Passat. We were looking for 3.5SE but the dealer could not find the car we were looking for. We settled for 2.5SL My Altima has 360 miles on it and hopefully it will last as long as (or better) than my first car (Civic 96 -- 160,000 miles -- still going).

Great car.
By Pmano on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Great car. Roomy interior and best styling in its class... The Bose 8 spkr system is one of the tops out there. This is a highly competitive class but the altima is the tops in my boook. the accord's new styling was a bit off... The Camry is nice but too bland. The Passat doesnt have the reliability and is too expensive. We won't even start with the american cars (although the stratus is pretty good).

What a great car!
By Kristin45 on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I am very pleased with this car. I like the new style, which was my first reason to purchase the car.

THIS CAR SUCKS
By TQM on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car the first day available in 2001 (9/01). Since the first day, has been in the dealership a total of 4 months. Odometer and speedometer head problems. A-pillar sqeak. Stips of insullation in vent ducts. Catalytic converter @18K. All 4 rotors @18K. Whole engine rebuild @19K. Front Axl seperation at 18K. Today, the gas door stopped operating. RESALE SUCKS on this car. BUY ANYTHING ELSE. NISSAN has offered NO support.

'03 Altima --stick
By RICH63 on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. A lot of value. I have one loaded with everything for 25k+. Can not beat content, style, performance and quality for price. next competitor with manual transmission is BMW. Not worth the extra $. I dropped a K&N filter for extra punch.

My 2003 Altima 2.5S
By Lil Person on 11/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

actually this car was purchased 10/31/31 of 2003. It is everything that I wanted in a car. My husband sold a 1986 Nissan truck with 489,000 miles on it and I was quickly sold on the Nissan name and dependability. My first choice was a Honad Accord, but after looking at the price of the Accord and the standard equipment in it I found that I got more bang for the buck. Also one thing that strayed me away from the Accord is the accord is the number one STOLEN vehicle in America, not to mention that nearly everyone has one.

Ultimate Altima
By comjoe2 on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Excellent, beautiful looks