2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
This car sucks!
By biggdaddy23 on 01/29/11 23:07 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car in 2006 with only 31,000 miles. Kept getting a cylinder 2 misfire and tried everything to fix it, change coil pack, spark plugs etc. Car starts shaking and had a weird smell like someone posted earlier. Had to replace motor mounts, brakes and power steering pump. Every six months it seemed like the car had a problem that needed fixing. The catalytic converter needed replacing and the ac compressor also was going out on the car so I decided to trade it in for a hyundai elantra this week. i realized that i spent almost $4,000 dollars into repairing this car. I will never buy a Nissan ever again!

GREAT CAR HIGH MAINTANCE
By cesar5150 on 12/20/10 18:44 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

so i was 19 this was my first car i asumed it would hav low cost labor and parts i bought a 2003 altima with 94,000 miles used it for comuting 50 miles roundtripp at 110,000 car wasted much gas and slow engine light on dealership told me it was the crankshaft and cam sensor so i paid 200.00 to fix and repair car ran way legit .thennn AT 120.000 miles THE HEADLIGHTS WIPERS TAILIGHTS HEATER AND A/C DIDNT WORK AGAIN TO NISSAN THEY TOLD ME IT WAS IPDM. INTELEGENT POWER DISTURBUTION MODULE COST ME 1,200 TO REPAIR THEN I WUD USE SYNTHETIC OIL AND PERFORMANCE SPARK PLUGS CAR RAN FAST NISSAN SHOULA GAVE IT 200 HP INSTEAD OF 175 THE RAIDIATOR ALSO NEEDED REPLACEMENT and pulley

Good-Bye Nissan
By Carolina on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, I have been very disappointed at this car. Paid top dollar for it, very roomy and loved the dealership. This car, though, would have costly repairs FREQUENTLY even after I took very good care of it as I followed the maintenance schedule. After being told that I needed to put in about $3,000 in repairs to replace catalytic converter, replace rack and pinion and alignment and then of course their additional suggestions such as fuel injection service and engine oil flush, I decided to get a new car. I have had enough! I'm looking at the Sonata, Camry and the Accord. Hope to have better luck with another car.

Great all around sedan
By David on 08/12/10 10:02 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my Altima 2.5S since early '08 with 120k and have driven it to 150k with only minor repairs which I don't think people realize of course are to be expected. Over 2 years; cam/crank sensors, ignition coil and computer reflash. Relatively cheap dealer cost too. This car is gorgeous outside great paint quality and you can really feel the build quality in this car. The door close solidly with a satisfying clunk, moonroof is great, tons of room front and back (saying a lot coming from a 6'6" guy) 4cy engine has a lot of pep, and very comfortable ride. Keep it clean and tasteful and this is a very sleek professional looking saloon. It has never let me down.

Nissan hate is easy!
By Nissan hate is easy on 07/24/10 16:50 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I drove my Nissan to 50k it stopped running. Took it to dealer, fixed under recall then the real problems. But the damage had already happened! Started to over heat, burning oil. Burned up my catalytic converter, cylinder failed! Need a new engine! It has a lot of recalls on it! I'm going to drive on 3 cylinders to have them done! Don't buy a Nissan! Ever!

Nissan Awful
By MrsLewis06 on 05/10/10 18:21 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in December of 2008 with 81,000 miles on it. I knew it was a lot but i just loved the car so much i didn't care.The check engine light was on and they said they would fix it but never did. Since then i have had to replace 2 coils, the crank sensor, the catalytic converter and now it needs a whole new engine. I will never buy another Nissan and i wouldn't advise anyone else to either.

nissan 3,5 altima all purpose
By eight ball champ on 04/01/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i've had my car for seven years now and no problems at all ,people that dont like the interior must be really spoiled mine has leather and bose sterio and it is just great I had acura TL and it wasnt as nice as my altima , the power is great especially when your already going thirty to Sixty MHP it gets up and goes .

Great Car All the Way Around
By Raymond on 03/01/10 04:30 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Altima because my 1989 Altima was on it's last legs at 190000 miles. It was a great car and my newer one is even better. We do not take car of our vehicles as we should with constant maintenance but they have kept performing anyhow.

Don't ever buy one
By No Happy on 02/25/10 13:13 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car brand new in June, it had to be towed to the dealership because of the sensor (1) in October 2003, in September of 2004 the car stalled out at the light and an 18 wheeler was approaching fast, I thank Jesus for answered pray, the car started up enough to get it out of the way, I had to get another sensor (2) replaced. 2009 all three sensors (3) went out and there was a recall on two of them (Midas found them) but Nissan never sent the notices out nor did they honor them. I fought to get the cost down to $3,000.00 for them to be fixed and 7 months later the crankshaft sensor (4) went out again, they replaced it because it was under the 12 months or 10,000 miles.

Mechanical mess
By vtagirl on 02/14/10 08:50 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This car looks very nice, but is a mechanical nightmare. Every sensor on this car starting going bad at 50k and catalytic conv at 80k. Nissan said cat ruined engine and needs a new engine (bad placement of cat). Lots of other people with same problem...would not recommend this car. Also own a Infiniti G35...no problems..think the problem is with set up of the Altima. If your under 80k Nissan will only fit cat, not your engine :(...They know about the problems but don't care.