Used 2003 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

My 2003 Nissan Altima
By dgzlz

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just felt the need to give special props to my 2003 Nissan Altima that is not at (372 THOUSAND MILES) yes I had to spell it out so no one would think it was a typo. She needs a new catalytic converter, but other than that she is still the greatest money maker I have every had. I drive 172 miles a day, 5 days a week. I have tried reading online to see if anyone else was running with this many miles, but it saddens me to see some have not been as lucky. A mechanic not long ago told me mine car must have came off the line on a Wednesday. I tried looking that up with no sucess.

I have always love the get up ago that this 4cylinder had to offer. The salesman never lied about the get up and go. He said I didn't have to get the V6 just to get it.

What can I say, obviously I love my car I have had it for 10 years and have driven it 372,000 miles. I have one of the best that they rolled out. I would love to know well they are building them in 2013.

loved this car intill.....................
By 0altima3

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

bought this car used in 2005 with 21000 miles on it was evrything i wanted loved my car praised it was black on black with leather 6 years later still turnning heads flawless inside and out took the best care of the car nothing but synthetic oil changes every 3000 miles nothing but premiume 91 76 gas and last week discovered no oil in my engine with only 82000 miles had read up on it about a year ago and called nissan and they said it has to do with how you maintence your car so i thought would not happen to mine but i was wrong no one took better care of a car then i did nissan needs to do something will never buy another nissan and will tell anyone who will listen getting rid of my baby

everything inside and out style performance car had everything i wanted planed to keep for at least another 5 years. so sad that nissan will not stand by there product a car this maintained should not needs a new engine and after reading all the reveiws not going to waste my money to try to fix it plan to get a honda

fixed the faulting engine and cat this could be a recall cant beleive nissan will do nothing planed on trading in this altima for a new one in a few years thats how much i loved this car but now never again will i buy a nissan

'03 altima 2.5s a drivers pleasure
By fastlane7

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I got my altima with 38k. the previous owner, a relative, never had any problems with it. I now have 58k and it runs like a dream. I did have to replace the crank position sensor at 57k. However, although the 'ses' light was on, it never gave me problems. If your looking for a cushy ride,look elsewhere. The Altima is definitely a drivers car.sturdy frame, firm ride. handling is excellent. Very little body-lean when buzzing around roads. holds road very well The engine is responsive. quick off the line. open road acceleration impressive; especially for a 4cylindar engine. stunning exterior, and a roomy, comfortable, interior. some cheap plastics inside; no big deal. to sum up,love this car

exterior design interior design and comfort Driving performance

Highr quality interior materials

Every Manufacturer Has Their Bad Day
By quasibozo

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My 2003 Altima, had a number of issues. Excessive oil use, random start up problems top of the list. The crankshaft position sensor a major player but not the sole solution. Dollar for dollar, amount of money I spent on it I'd probably have spent on an American make that wouldn't have given me the same mileage. That 2003 was the fifth Nissan I purchased new. My philosophy, 200,000 miles or ten years, which ever comes first. I never made ten years before a new one. I took best care of this Altima than all the other Nissans I owned and it gave me the worst repair record. I don't understand why the whole fleet wasn't recalled for repair. Buying my sixth new Nissan since 1973, a "2011 Rogue".

Sophisticated looking, comfortable to drive, responsive, Excellent sounding stock audio, decent mileage, Excellent visibility! Large trunk. Good safety record. Excellent seating room.

A little late for this, but the whole situation that has brought on a bad reputation: Crankshaft Position Sensor placement, motor mounts, larger radiator, oil consumption, all other recall issues, better road noise dampening.

Great Car, I miss it!
By macfie87

2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car used at 62K miles and loved it, until it was recently totaled at 150K. Everything was great, except for a few problems as its mileage got higher. Had to have a throttle replaced and it was about 800, but that was really the only major problem. It was needing a new alternator and a new shift lock, but I fixed those myself. Everything else was AWESOME! And airbags deployed and engine shut off automatically...great safety features.

Exterior Styling, Sound Quality, Engine Performance and Torque,