Used 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

A good car with some kinks
By Glenn J. darro

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 03, 2.5 Altima with 38,000 miles on it. I now have driven it another 75,000 miles ( odometer reads113,000 miles). In that time my car has never failed. however, there were repairs. following is a list of those repairs:
2 motor mounts at about 60K
Coil at about 75K
Crankshaft position sensor at about 60K
Radiator replacement at about 60K
Fuel pump at about 90K
Pre-catalytic converter at 110K
I love the way this car handles. The engine is peppy for a 4cyl. but sometimes I wish it was faster off the line. It is definitely a driver's car, though. It handles winding roads like a sports car, and the braking is excellent The ride is not cushy, but that's ok. The seating is quite comfortable.

Never buy Nissan
By Dillon

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2003 Nissan Altima with 165,000 miles on it about 4 months ago. In those 4 months I had to replace; camshaft position sensor, radio, 2 door handles, and alternator. Before the timing chain skipped a few teeth at 169,000 miles. It's just a money pit I'm getting rid of it. Anybody need a parts car?

The last nissan I'll ever own
By lola3053

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First let me say that I am meticulous about upkeep and basic maintenance (oil changes, etc.) My Altima, with 139,000 km's (100,000 miles) on it absolutely self- destructed over the past two weeks. For no reason that I or any mechanic can find the engine suddenly (over two days) burned out all of it's oil and then scored the cylinders so badly that it needs to be replaced. I never really enjoyed this car. It looked great, but handled like a girls car. It was always sort of "dainty" and overly sensitive to steering inputs. Also, the plastic used in the interior components and the boot around the gear-stick were of extremely low quality.

The engine (when it ran properly) was fairly peppy. The trunk is a good size.

I don't care what you do. I'll never trust another Nissan product.

Cat Converter Break Down-NEW ENGINE 2.5
By BUYER BEWARE

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Loved when car when I 1st bought it. Owned for 18 months and now they will not back their products. My oil has been changed every 2500 miles all necessary maintenance. Now my check engine light went on 2 weeks ago. I take 2 Auto Zone and receive the infamous P0420 Code! I change spark plugs thinking it's minor. Nope I need an entire new engine for 4500.00. Catalytic broke down & as this happened the pieces were sucked into the engine and it ruined the rings inside the engine. SERVICE ENGINE SOON light came on 2 weeks ago! Also causing the oil consumption Problem. "Regional Specialist" NO HELP. I take care of my car.

Fun to drive

Great Highway Car
By matthew

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought car with 5000 miles, dealer demo. So far, has been great. Bought to use as commuter so I can keep truck for towing. Overall, I love the car. Handles great. Secure driving in the rain and snow. Installed Bridgestone Turanzas, made huge improve in overall handling and foul weather performance. Accelerates decent with 2.5, great gas mileage. With my new job I am now driving 100+ miles a day, and on the highway it is great. Average 27 mpg at 75 mph. Good NDSS sound system, decent features for base car. Seats are awesome. Interior quality not great, nothing really broke on car but I am careful with her. Reliability so far great. Now has 54,000 miles, still love it. Overall, great car!

Base NDSS sounds decent, power trunk cut off in lockable glove box. Very roomy and comfortable. Steering and handling, decent pick up for 2.5 4cyl, exterior is good looking, not plain jane, big trunk, decent storage, I love my remote start (dealer installed) silver color hides dirt

Paint seems to chip too easily, interior kinda cheap, my 05 F-150 interior is beautiful and sturdy, rides a tad hard, not impressed that the steel wheels are rusting, will be putting on some nicer wheels soon, my windows screech when it rains, overall, though, I am happy.