Used 2003 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Pain [non-permissible content removed]
By BreAnna

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car for $7,000 126,000.. First 2 months about 120,000 miles, the timing chain went out and was about a $3000 fix. Now at 175,000 miles I've replaced the alternator 2 times. The engine covers most of the hood and fixing it is a pain in the ass, every time I bring it in its over $300 in labor just to get the engine out of the way. My winshild wipers go off randomly. And my radio stopped working and mechanics can't find out why. Time to go American made.

buyer beware
By Chris Moore

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car with 28,000 miles on it and my wife put 40,000 miles on it in about 7 years. I kept the oil changed and tires on it with no real problems, except for the door handles breaking, until recently. First the engine light came on sporadically and I could feel engine hesitate. Got the code checked out and it's was somewhat generic (p0300) with up to five different system that could be the problem. I changed the plugs and ignition coils and the motor ran better but there was another problem. Took it to a garage and have the exhaust manifold and catalytic converter replaced. Cars running just fine again. One week later the oil light comes on and I add 3 quarts and I'm going to run the car for around 1k miles before I take it to get an oil change. Within another week or two the car starts sounding like the exhaust manifold is bad again. Before I can get the car to the shop it dies on the side of the road. Look at the oil and it's black with less than 500 miles since I put the 3 quarts in. The engine is now dead and I've already put around $2k into the car in the last 2 months. This really sucks for a car that I thought would last well over a 100K miles. I'll never buy another Nissan again. If you want to see all the problems with this motor look up misfires, exhaust manifold, and precat.

2003 Nissan Altima
By Igho Resedenz

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2013 with 137,000 on it. It gave me a hell of time. But that was because i didnt know much about the car. I rectified those issues: changed cam/crank shaft sensors, changed 02 sensors, changed alternator and that's all. The car is 2 years with me now with no issues. I drive 15 - 20 km everyday to work. I have traveled 10 hrs strecth 3 times with no issues. I do a regular maintenance. The car is roomy and presentable. I will recommend it for anyone who knows how to maintain cars.

Roomy, presentable, nice dashboard for that year, fue efficient.

Its a pretty good car
By axxess1

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car back in 2013 with 77k miles on it, now i have about 106k and had to do some maintenance on it.. ex brakes, engine mount, water pump.. but overall it a pretty good car, A/C is awesome and gas is pretty good !

Great car
By blue0730

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am the original owner and have had no problems with my car going on almost 11 years. She still drives great and is in great condition. I saw others say the v4 has issues but mine is going on 125k miles with none.