Used 2003 Nissan Altima Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

2003 Nissan Altima
By Igho Resedenz

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2013 with 137,000 on it. It gave me a hell of time. But that was because i didnt know much about the car. I rectified those issues: changed cam/crank shaft sensors, changed 02 sensors, changed alternator and that's all. The car is 2 years with me now with no issues. I drive 15 - 20 km everyday to work. I have traveled 10 hrs strecth 3 times with no issues. I do a regular maintenance. The car is roomy and presentable. I will recommend it for anyone who knows how to maintain cars.

Favorite Features

Roomy, presentable, nice dashboard for that year, fue efficient.

Its a pretty good car
By axxess1

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the car back in 2013 with 77k miles on it, now i have about 106k and had to do some maintenance on it.. ex brakes, engine mount, water pump.. but overall it a pretty good car, A/C is awesome and gas is pretty good !

Great car
By blue0730

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am the original owner and have had no problems with my car going on almost 11 years. She still drives great and is in great condition. I saw others say the v4 has issues but mine is going on 125k miles with none.

Sporty and reliable
By aposak

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Daily driver for 10 years now. 190k, original engine and transmission. Still looks good, performs well, and still fun to drive. 4 doors means extra utility and lower insurance. The 4-cyl from this era have major engine problems... go with the V6.

Favorite Features

The V6 gas mileage has never been close to as poor as the sticker indicates... 30/23 has been my avg. Great reliability. Roomy. Spring loaded tilt steering (not friction lock), and friction lock telescoping.

Suggested Improvements

Not much road noise insulation, so buy good tires. Front brake rotors warp under heavy braking. Torque steer is pretty bad. The traction control is effective but feels wonky. Back springs wear out and cause the car to squat. Interior materials are cheap, and the fit and finish isn't great. Headroom is lacking if you're tall and sit upright. No stereo AUX input.

Nice Car, "Service Engine Soon", light came on at 82,000 miles
By mdscarlata

2003 Nissan Altima Sedan 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used, yesterday and I love it. It is very fun to drive. I traded in a Mercedes Benz 240C, which was powerful, but drove like a tank or a boat. The only issue is that the, "Service Engine Soon", light came on before I even got it home from the used car dealership. I brought it back today and they said it was indicating "High Idle Speed". Well at 82,000 miles I hope that this is all that is wrong with it. I will keep you posted.