2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:
Nice Car, "Service Engine Soon", light came on at 82,000 miles
By mdscarlata on 02/27/13 15:28 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used, yesterday and I love it. It is very fun to drive. I traded in a Mercedes Benz 240C, which was powerful, but drove like a tank or a boat. The only issue is that the, "Service Engine Soon", light came on before I even got it home from the used car dealership. I brought it back today and they said it was indicating "High Idle Speed". Well at 82,000 miles I hope that this is all that is wrong with it. I will keep you posted.

Great, fast "Four-door 350Z" car!
By j3r3l on 05/01/11 08:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is magnificantly overall a good car for someone who wants the 350Z but, also wants better seating compacity.(Maybe I could be over-saying it a little bit, but this is a very fast var for a sedan.) I am at 105,000 miles and the cars is still driving like it was brand new; though I accelerate very fast on average. I love this car. Though, this is only my second car; I have driven many sports cars and this cars does very well for a front wheel drive. This car drives just as good as my father's BMW 745 except for the smoothness. The 745 is a lot smoother. I would recommend this car to anyone who basically wants a "four-door sports car. But this is a great car....Enough said!

nissan 3,5 altima all purpose
By eight ball champ on 04/01/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i've had my car for seven years now and no problems at all ,people that dont like the interior must be really spoiled mine has leather and bose sterio and it is just great I had acura TL and it wasnt as nice as my altima , the power is great especially when your already going thirty to Sixty MHP it gets up and goes .

Great Car All the Way Around
By Raymond on 03/01/10 04:30 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Altima because my 1989 Altima was on it's last legs at 190000 miles. It was a great car and my newer one is even better. We do not take car of our vehicles as we should with constant maintenance but they have kept performing anyhow.

In the end, reliable
By wrecks7 on 11/20/09 17:53 PM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car proved to be fairly reliable, especially since I paid little attention to its upkeep. At the time and at this price point, the Altima stood alone in performance and appearance. The AC went kaput in year four, engine mounts in year six. Downside is the poor material used in for the interior (I've seen GM cars with better plastic), and the body is only slightly more dent resistant than a can of Spam. However, the most frustrating was its awful turning radius. It was inexcusably poor.

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
By mjhand on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive! It's so fast and cool looking that Nissan had to redesign their flagship Maxima because peopel were buying the Altima instead. Handling is great. Good fuel economy. I get about 30 mpg on the highway. Fairly quiet ride. Awesome sound system! Biggest complaint is that Nissan could upgrade the trip computer to be more ergonomic (you have to change displays from the steering wheel, but then have to reset each one from the dash board).

A true performance experience
By Smart Buyer on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my BMW 740 sl for the Altima 3.5 L v6 and I can't believe that anyone that actually likes to drive true performance wouldn't do the same. The Altima is probably the most over looked car for it's performance by Edmonds surveys- shame,shame!!! I have owned several Jaguars,including the xj12 and i'll take the Altima handling and suspension system over the BMW,Mercedes,Volvo,Trans-Am Ws-6 (I own one),Corvette,Camaro,etc. etc. Just so you know I pay cash for my cars and can buy anything that is available. Check out the Nissan cars they are real sleepers.

Love it Love it
By MZLDL on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Best car I have ever had. Enough said. These people putting it down need to quit being so critical. Not every car is perfect!

I've owned it for only 3 months
By Robert D. Hardison on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After only 3 months of owning and almost 9000 miles all I can rate is the highest number. I average 22mpg city and 26-28 on long trips/air conditioning. Everything on it is as perfect as can be and I could never improve on anything. Road noise is very quiet also.

2003 3.5
By Swanny on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 2003, 3.5 Altima has surpassed all of my expectations. For a $23,000 sedan, I am very pleased with its comfort, passenger room,performance and great mileage(Averages 24 mpg combined city/highway). So far(9000 miles),the quality is very good. This is the first Nissan I have purchased after owning a number of Toyotas and other foreign sedans and SUVs. For the price, I don't think any other vechicle in its class delivers a better value in a "fun to drive" sedan.