Used 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

NEVER buy a NISSAN!!
By Jo

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Worst, most expensive car to maintain I have ever owned. If the gas pedal sticks and then doesn't randomly, I'm afraid to drive this car. We have replaced so many parts I could not possibly list them all here. The dealer is NO help, they diagnose, take your cash and you're back in 2 weeks. This model should have been recalled!!! Car has been maintained since we got it with 32000. Looks nice, under the hood it is a real nightmare. Only foreign car we own, will NEVER get another Nissan. They should care about their customers before their cars kill us!!

Pain [non-permissible content removed]
By BreAnna

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car for $7,000 126,000.. First 2 months about 120,000 miles, the timing chain went out and was about a $3000 fix. Now at 175,000 miles I've replaced the alternator 2 times. The engine covers most of the hood and fixing it is a pain in the ass, every time I bring it in its over $300 in labor just to get the engine out of the way. My winshild wipers go off randomly. And my radio stopped working and mechanics can't find out why. Time to go American made.

Nice Car, "Service Engine Soon", light came on at 82,000 miles
By mdscarlata

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used, yesterday and I love it. It is very fun to drive. I traded in a Mercedes Benz 240C, which was powerful, but drove like a tank or a boat. The only issue is that the, "Service Engine Soon", light came on before I even got it home from the used car dealership. I brought it back today and they said it was indicating "High Idle Speed". Well at 82,000 miles I hope that this is all that is wrong with it. I will keep you posted.

Great, fast "Four-door 350Z" car!
By j3r3l

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is magnificantly overall a good car for someone who wants the 350Z but, also wants better seating compacity.(Maybe I could be over-saying it a little bit, but this is a very fast var for a sedan.) I am at 105,000 miles and the cars is still driving like it was brand new; though I accelerate very fast on average. I love this car. Though, this is only my second car; I have driven many sports cars and this cars does very well for a front wheel drive. This car drives just as good as my father's BMW 745 except for the smoothness. The 745 is a lot smoother. I would recommend this car to anyone who basically wants a "four-door sports car. But this is a great car....Enough said!

Acceleration Braking Ability to make really fast turns Suspensions (Ride comfort) Gas MPG ....

Turning Radius for a Midsized Sedan. I mean, really Nissan? In my opinion, as much power this car has it should either be Rear or All-wheel drive. Not Front. Interior materials seem to break/crack very easily.

nissan 3,5 altima all purpose
By eight ball champ

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i've had my car for seven years now and no problems at all ,people that dont like the interior must be really spoiled mine has leather and bose sterio and it is just great I had acura TL and it wasnt as nice as my altima , the power is great especially when your already going thirty to Sixty MHP it gets up and goes .

the 3.5 V6 is a smooth customer and very comfortable. remember if you want a mercedes you have to pay for a mercedes, this is a twenty eight thousand dollar car that is on the top of the food chain