Used 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

2003 Nissan Altima

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

Nice Car, "Service Engine Soon", light came on at 82,000 miles
By mdscarlata

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this car used, yesterday and I love it. It is very fun to drive. I traded in a Mercedes Benz 240C, which was powerful, but drove like a tank or a boat. The only issue is that the, "Service Engine Soon", light came on before I even got it home from the used car dealership. I brought it back today and they said it was indicating "High Idle Speed". Well at 82,000 miles I hope that this is all that is wrong with it. I will keep you posted.

Great, fast "Four-door 350Z" car!
By j3r3l

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car is magnificantly overall a good car for someone who wants the 350Z but, also wants better seating compacity.(Maybe I could be over-saying it a little bit, but this is a very fast var for a sedan.) I am at 105,000 miles and the cars is still driving like it was brand new; though I accelerate very fast on average. I love this car. Though, this is only my second car; I have driven many sports cars and this cars does very well for a front wheel drive. This car drives just as good as my father's BMW 745 except for the smoothness. The 745 is a lot smoother. I would recommend this car to anyone who basically wants a "four-door sports car. But this is a great car....Enough said!

Favorite Features

Acceleration Braking Ability to make really fast turns Suspensions (Ride comfort) Gas MPG ....

Suggested Improvements

Turning Radius for a Midsized Sedan. I mean, really Nissan? In my opinion, as much power this car has it should either be Rear or All-wheel drive. Not Front. Interior materials seem to break/crack very easily.

nissan 3,5 altima all purpose
By eight ball champ

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i've had my car for seven years now and no problems at all ,people that dont like the interior must be really spoiled mine has leather and bose sterio and it is just great I had acura TL and it wasnt as nice as my altima , the power is great especially when your already going thirty to Sixty MHP it gets up and goes .

Favorite Features

the 3.5 V6 is a smooth customer and very comfortable. remember if you want a mercedes you have to pay for a mercedes, this is a twenty eight thousand dollar car that is on the top of the food chain

Great Car All the Way Around
By Raymond

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Altima because my 1989 Altima was on it's last legs at 190000 miles. It was a great car and my newer one is even better. We do not take car of our vehicles as we should with constant maintenance but they have kept performing anyhow.

Favorite Features

The 3.5L V6 engine is the best. This thing gets up and goes when you need it too. It also has outstanding breaks.

Suggested Improvements

Would like to get less road noise. You can hear a lot from outside the car. But, I still highly recommend it.

In the end, reliable
By wrecks7

2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The car proved to be fairly reliable, especially since I paid little attention to its upkeep. At the time and at this price point, the Altima stood alone in performance and appearance. The AC went kaput in year four, engine mounts in year six. Downside is the poor material used in for the interior (I've seen GM cars with better plastic), and the body is only slightly more dent resistant than a can of Spam. However, the most frustrating was its awful turning radius. It was inexcusably poor.

Favorite Features

At its price point, you get a lot of car. An engine with a lot of get-up-and-go. The base stereo provided a good enough distraction from the road noise. Mines even came with steering wheel audio controls. Loved that. The interior space was generous.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius, of course. And I do believe Nissan addressed the interior in latter iterations of the Altima.