2002 Nissan Altima Consumer Review: Would not reccomment another N

2002 Nissan Altima - Consumer Review

2.5 SL Sedan (2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

Would not reccomment another Nissan
By Prof on

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Nissan altima 02 new and had planned o drive for at least 10 yrs. In the beginning it had recalls every other 3 mths. Every thing was ok since I made sure I took it in for every service the manufacturer recommended. This was until it go to 95,000 miles. It could not start in the mornings and the dealer said I had to replace the head gasket ($1500). This is after they replaced the body throttle 2 weeks before ($600). 3 mths later it just loses power while driving on the highway. I took it to the Nissan dealer 3 times ad they could not figure the problem out. I drove it to 3 mechanics who could not fix the problem. I had to buy another car. I do not recommend Nissan car to anyone. That engine?

The sound system.

The engine. Failing the start regularly for unknown reasons on a new car. At least they have to listen to their customers complaints. They are all e same, so fix them.