Awesome car
By roushfan5 on
2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
A lot of people are complaining about their cam shaft sensors. Well my check engine light came on for the exact same problem. Turned out I was just using the wrong type of oil. Make sure you are using 5-30W oil to avoid this problem. After a couple hundred miles with the correct oil in the car the problem went away. Our car is the V6 with a 152,400 miles on it and to date the only problem we've had to fix is replace the seals in the engine, oil cooler and the rear value gasket. The interior is a little cheap I'll admit. But the car def. makes up for it with that fantastic engine. A great car but it has to be maintained
Favorite Features
The 6 disc CD changer (I've heard is problematic for some. But when it works is a fantastic addition to the car. I wish I had the iPod connectivty that apparently came out the follow model year, but I'll take what I can get. The V6 engine is a dream, lots of power, fairly efficient and the handling is spot on. Grips exextly, even on worn out tires this car grips the road wonderfully with responsive steering.
Suggested Improvements
I have driving this car in the snow. The auto transmission is really slow to shift on time to the engine. Seems like I'm more often then not waiting for the auto tranny to find the right gear or shift down when I put my foot down. Then again the car has 152,000 miles on it with no transmission work and its held up wonderfully. By far the worst thing I found about this car is you never want to get out. I just want to keep driving it non stop.