Great car
By waynerb66 on
2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I bought this car with 59,000 kms on it in 2004. I now have 255,000 kms on it. I have never had anything major go wrong with it. I have replaced the rad, the alternator, the usual stuff, like ball joints and battery. Last year I did have to change some suspension parts. It was a lot of money, but it has a lot of mileage on it. So far it still has the same exhaust on it. It also has the original struts on the front. It doesn't burn oil. I change it regularly between 5000 and 7000 kms. It is starting to show signs of age though. I am having problems starting it. It still starts, it just takes a couple of cranks. Living in Canada, the salt is starting to take its toll also.
Favorite Features
Fast and agile. Good gas mileage, even with all that mileage. Ice cold AC.
Suggested Improvements
The HEAT! This is the only complaint I have. It never worked 100%. Apparently there is no fix for it. It is a flaw in the car.
By waynerb66
on 10/26/12 18:01 PM (PDT)

Well, it is finally time to sell my car. She now has 260,000 kms on it. At this point it is going to need a new oil pan, new back brakes, and I can see the exhaust getting worse. It will need replacing before the winters end. In other words, it will cost a minimum 2000 dollars to repair all that. To me, to spend more than the car is probably worth, is just not worth it. Anyone need a parts car? She was the best car I have ever owned. :(