Used 2002 Nissan Altima Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Nissan Altima - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Altima model:

love my new car
By pamandralphbartow

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

We just bought this use car and I have fallen in love with it! It has so much get up and go. It is sharp looking. I drive a lot for work and am so glad I bought this car!

The get up and go!

haven't found anything yet

Loved it, but time to move on?
By cfowler

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used from a rental company about 5 years ago. It had 37,000 miles and I am very near 110,000 now. Most expensive repair was window switch which was less than $100.00. Just had to replace the sending unit to the transmission yesterday and my mechanic said not to expect more than 25,000 - 30,000 more miles before needing a new transmission. Now trying to decide if I should sell it or spend the $2500 - $3000 on the transmission and hope it lasts me a few more years. Overall this car has been very reliable and I love it. Hope I can find a reliable newer one as my next car!

Huge back seat and plenty of leg room upfront for my husband who is over 6 ft

Can't really think of anything accept the interior is pretty basic, but that's how the S series is...

unreliable and annoying
By abelanger

2002 Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First car I ever bought new. Had fun driving for a few years, but had 1 serious engine problem (a screw came loose and fell into the piston chamber, would have destroyed the engine if not caught. Had many many many problems with body interior and exterior. Gas cover bent so badly I couldn't open to fill my tank anymore. Replaced, and a year later it happened again. Gave up replacing and now I just drive without the cover... Looks ridiculous. Inside everything is falling apart: standard shifter cover broke within months, doors and glove comp. Rattle, moldings fall off and break... Body not only 'looks and feels' cheap in/out, it really is cheap. I will never buy Nissan again.

none

Excellent Car
By oc344

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is great. No mechanical issues over the three years I have owned the car. I bought it used with 31K miles and have put over 60K miles. Oil change and brakes and tires over the three years. Excellent design inside and out. Very fast with great pick up from dead stop. Takes corners like its on rails. Going to buy a 2007 Altima in a couple of days.

BOSE System, Sunroof, Speed, Design

Nothing!

Takes a hit well
By salesman

2002 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car a couple of years ago with 70000 mi now has 171000 still show room new with no problems. oil changes syn oil, new tires firehawk gt are the best I found for this car. I even hit a deer and it made sense to fix the car.Was looking at new tdi jetta and couldn't do it, spoiled with this car.

Bose stereo, controls on steering wheel, tough build, strong engine, I could go on and on.

Do something about road noise.